• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Miles per year on your deuce :)

Dipstick

Hello. I've put 938 miles on my bobbed '84 Deuce this year. Mostly short trips to work and shopping. It has a White-Continental multi-fuel with a Whistler turbo.

61sleepercab

1983 M925 Army use 47,700 miles in 30 years = 1600 miles per year.

My time Indianapolis pick up to West Virginia about 400 miles on 1 gallon Rotella, one local Black Walnut Festival Grand Parade , one car show

500 miles in the seat .......................... priceless what fun for $4.00 a gallon diesel. Mark

gunboy1656

I am lucky if I put 2,000 on in one year. Only exception was 2011 when I had to take a 580 mile round trip, that year I put about 2500. on it. All diesel fuel.

dmetalmiki

With a collection its difficult to run up miles. So I have 400 miles on the deuce. 1200 miles on the M54 Camper. 300 miles on the wrecker. 500 on the Gammagoat. Ambulance 220 miles. M45 fire truck 200 miles. jeeps 500 miles. motorcycle (moto guzy) D.R. 110 miles.

shannondeese

Mine gets a little higher usage than most. I've racked up almost 8000 miles this year. But I drove it across country too. I bought the truck with 2600 miles on it and am at just a tad over 42,000 now. I've owned the truck since 2006. It is my daily driver though too. White multi-fuel usually runs on a mix of whatever I can find to put in the tank.

jrobinson5093

I run around 8,000 miles a year give or take. Its my daily driver most of the time when its not broke. And All of them miles are on any thing I can find to put in the tank but usually motor oil.

eagle4g63

"Clocked" miles and "Rolled" miles might be 2 different things for some of us, if you have larger tires than they will be different. "Clocked" miles are easier to figure out though so I will stay with that......

So far you guys are some light weights with your trucks.....my current truck hasn't been driven as much as my old one, so it hasn't "pulled" it's weight YET.....however I have clocked 16,000 miles on it so far(just under one year...about 11months) It has had what ever I can get my dirty little fingers on put down the tank, I am a little safer with this one cause of the new motor....

Now for my old truck, in the 2 years I had it I "Clocked" just at 41,000 miles on it in the 2 year time.....she definitely "Earned her keep" as they say....although the "rolled" miles would have been a bit more she had 395's on her.....same thing I poured everything in that tank!!!! Some stuff I "tested" by putting a stick in it and lighting with my lighter, if it burned it went in the tank!!!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've probably got 500 on the shop van/pantry truck and about 300 on the M-36. The other four probably don't have 25 miles between them. All on over-the-road diesel.

TMNT

About 4,000 miles per year for two years now. No idea how many actual miles but the odometer says 43,000. I drive for one reason or another every week.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks