• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military abbulance..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey4x4

Maybe Firefighters and police should not ask dispatch for info when going to a call, maybe they should stop and read the manual. Come on guys, really?

Cucvnut

maybe the fire fighters already have a size up or a pre plan in place for the building they are going to so they have some what of an idea they are doing and don't need to call for a TM or dispatch.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are correct if you are familiar with the TMs and have them. Some of the collectors/members may not have every manual or may not be that PC literate so it could take some time to find the info in the TM when going online and asking could just be minuets, especially with the response time here which is great.
When someone has been a member here for over a year and owns a CUCV they should have TM's downloaded and know how to use them . This thread is more of a case of being to lazy to look and expecting a instant answer with no effort on their part . A simple goole search for "CUCV ambulance " would have brought up the desired information .

Westech

CPL
I have driven semi in Jersey a few times and I see that all the people living there do suck at life.
why are you starting another fight?
You will loose this one.
All you are proving is you are trying to compensate for something.
Give it a rest ya knob head.
All the Older members are trying to do is help the noobs figure out how to use and read the TM's.
Asking a question is 100% fine but do a little work for your self from time to time.
I would bet that if the said question was Googled said person would have found the answer faster.
I for one if I had more mod power and one more beer would be **** canning people left and right.
People better watch it, next time I will get a 30 pack and not a 18 and **** going to change in this bitch.

deuceaid

Banned
It's all in the TM

I dare you to read it!
At some point in your life, you need to learn to read and write(and spell).

Jersey, I don't need your comments. I'm the moderator, your the member. Got that?
Elvis sir Elvis......( dosent work like... sir yes sir) I was making a complaint about the banner that said the old site was down,,,,,,,,most of us grunts have gotten use to that banner stating the old site was down (TMs included),,,, and as I was lead to believe,,,, that site is where the Sacred TMs were held under gaurd.....

deuceaid/Jason...Thank You Sir!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Knowledge is power. Showing someone where to obtain knowledge is empowering. I would bet there are very few elementary age kids who could not obtain that information before you had a chance to grab a beer. The very search that leads one to the nomenclature would have linked to the technial data.

Think of Steel Soldiers as the PS Monthly, delivered daily, for the MV hobbiest, not the TM.

gunboy1656

I will throw my 2 cents in.

I don't own a CUCV (or a 5 ton, HEMTT and so on) but I have an interest on owning them in the future, BUT I do own the TM's for those trucks. I downloaded them before the old site went down. Granted the OP did not know the nomenclature for the M1010 ( yes a little search, with the correct spelling of ambulance, could have helped). Now that he has that info, he can get the TM's downloaded.

Yes not every piece and problem is listed in the manual is not covered, that is why this site exists. But little stuff like nomenclatures, sizes, weights are listed (and not hard to find) right near the front of the books. A couple years ago I found an ambulance near me and could not remember off the top of my head what it was, but 5 minutes after I got home I did a little looking.

3dAngus

This is ridiculous. Look, if you got a question, feel free to ask it.
If you got time or forget, read the TMs while someone may come up with the answer for you.

I recall when I was working on a trailer braking problem, all sweaty and dirty, well into the problem, I came in the housee for some water and said, "Ah ha, I know, I'll ask SS"

DH helped me out but he also said it was in the TM. I was grateful.

You can always ask the question. Just because a Mod is human, knows the answer, but gets tired of simple answers knowing the TMs are the Bible of the industry, no need to get riled up. It's his canned answer. "Read the TM"

I don't like it, but, it's the truth, and the best ovreall way to handle it.

Even so, if we couldn't ask questions, there would be no use whatever for this site. Not unless you want to read about an armidallo recipe.

So just ask your questions. Someone will answer, but expect there to be someone to come up with the "other" correct answer of, "Read the TM".

We just all have different ways. Some want to help, some think they are trying to teach.

The snide comments on both sides were out of line though. Lets just move on... answer is given, close the thread.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
perhaps someone needs to stir the pot once in awhile
Think about what you want from this site. If your not getting it, move on. If I had the ability to add the TMs back, I would have months ago. Since our admins are absent, my job as a moderator is to manage the site, direct people how to use it the way we want them to use it. Pot stirrers will not be tolerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.