• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Air Brake Conversion?

MATT

I came across this NSN number: 2530015043976 and it appears to be some kind of air brake conversion kit for the 2 1/2 Ton 6x6. Can anyone confirm this?

Did the military convert 6x6's to air brakes? I thought only aftermarket companies did this....

Thanks!

brianrbull

Well if the price is right grab them there are HEMITT owners here that might have use for them . according to the info I could gather they are brake kits for the wrecker I will try to find a TM and see if they work on any other trucks. I think the HEMITT uses Rockwell S-cam brakes if so that is a common brake shoe let me know if you want me to look some more

MATT

Yeah if you don't mind looking into seeing what other trucks they might fit that would be great. I hope they can be converted to fir M35A2's...