• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military grill guards - what options are there?

tokarev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovered my M998 last week - the old school 1st gen grill guard needs replacement. What later versions (military) will work without major mods ? pictures please......
IMG_0974.jpg

Last edited:

tokarev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The IbisTek is kinda of a pig - lots of protection but I dont see myself running a road block any time soon. The more I look at it there could be a rectangle tube bumper project in the works - airlift front version .....

Last edited:
I made a post earlier with a link in it but that didn't get approved by the moderator for some reason. So here are the details:

Do a google search for "Accessories/Brushguards/Luverne" and you will get link to the company that made/makes the nice grill guards. In the results after the luverne site is a link to another page detailing the three models of grill guards that were made by that company.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The current standard brushguard is the Tubular you see on the new trucks...Luverne don't make them for the govt anymore IIRC, but I like there brushguard the best. They were not as plentiful as one may expect...it's my belief they were discontinued due to there weight....they are heavy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks