• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

military mic on a civvy cb

jtrojan715

ok thinking about putting a cb in the deuce and running a military mic any one done this before? what are some of the mics avalable? or should i just paint a civvy mic OD thanks

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ok thinking about putting a cb in the deuce and running a military mic any one done this before? what are some of the mics avalable? or should i just paint a civvy mic OD thanks
you could wire an H250 to it, but there could be some differences in the impedance between the two, which would manifest in low signal or too high... I've wired funny mics to the Cobra LT stuff before and they "work", (purists may whine, but it will look cool)

im not too worried about keying or anything else.

BTW, i would NOT CUT THE CABLE on a H250, try to get a plug to mount at the CB, those wires in the mics are a funny metal that is heck to solder if your not experienced.

rlwm211

Typical Military Microphones use a carbon element. These different in impediance from the electret microphones in a typical CB mike. Even so, it is possible to use the carbon element equipped microphone.

I would say this is trial and error and I am not sure of other differrnces in how the push to talk mike works so proceed carefully.

If you google "carbon microphone versus electret micophone" you will become educated in a short time.

RL

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The H250 mike will work, it is dynamic. The earpiece will also work as long as the thing is used as a handset and little volume is expected as a speaker. The switch can be made to key the radio without too much trouble. Hey do it right and mount a military connector on the CB and paint the CB green and de-chrome.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks