• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military now doing criminal back ground checks to get on posts.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Some did and some did not, Air Force has been doing it for a couple years. My 2nd cousin got arrested at the gate for an unpaid speeding ticket trying to get on for my Fathers funeral at LRAFB two years ago.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took me over an hour to get on JBLM the other week.

Next time I'll bring a trailer so I don't have to have the check done at the visitor's center and then had back to the logistics gate.

FloridaAKM

Last time I was @ WRAFB in Georgia, it was the full background check along with a complete search of me & the vehicle/trailer. About 30 minutes & heres your pass for today!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's ironic is Ft Lewis was doing that back in the '80s. Not sure when they stopped but at that time if you didn't have a DoD sticker, even with ID, you had to go through the Welcome Center and get a pass for your vehicle. Doubt they did any kind of check other than your registration and insurance but it was still a PITA.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Red River security is very sticky, but once you get through their check the first time, they give you a card good for a year. Everyone in the vehicle must have an ID, or they don't get on base, as my girlfriend found when she left her DL at home. The staff are very friendly, but absolute about the rules, so girlfriend spent an hour chatting with them in the security station while I recovered my trailer. She watched another driver come in and get arrested on warrants. A large wrecker was hauling his rig away when I came back.

Do NOT bring any alcohol on the base! A friend of mine did an overnight trip to get there, and he likes a nip at night. His little liquor bottle was in his suitcase, they found it on search, and ticketed him for an open container.

Cheers

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Red River security is very sticky, but once you get through their check the first time, they give you a card good for a year. Everyone in the vehicle must have an ID, or they don't get on base, as my girlfriend found when she left her DL at home. The staff are very friendly, but absolute about the rules, so girlfriend spent an hour chatting with them in the security station while I recovered my trailer. She watched another driver come in and get arrested on warrants. A large wrecker was hauling his rig away when I came back.

Do NOT bring any alcohol on the base! A friend of mine did an overnight trip to get there, and he likes a nip at night. His little liquor bottle was in his suitcase, they found it on search, and ticketed him for an open container.

Cheers
Also flammables like propane , gas can etc. They confiscate on the spot.
No pictures either!

Bighurt

Minot's been like that since 9/11, not full background checks but they check all visitor's in the system. As well as registration and insurance. Thankfully I have an ID, although they really wanted to search me at Malmstrom.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The best part about the security procedures is that out here (Barstow, Nellis, Davis Monthan, etc) its always different. Sometimes its go through this gate or that one or you have to do this if you have a trailer or you can't go there with that sticker or whatever.

And if you mention it wasn't this way last time, you always get a "No, it's ALWAYS been like this." from whomever you're talking to. :)

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Even with the window sticker back in the mid 90's at 29 Palms I had to show ID at the gate. Pendleton they would usually just wave you thru though I would go in one of the small gates not the main.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made a pick up in my M923 at a location that is not manned by GL and one with very little infrequent GL traffic. This small base has one normal front gate that does everything. The uniformed armed naval security could not believe that I was not military, did not have a clue what GL is, and did not know what to do with me and my truck. As the line built up steadily behind me; He looked at my id, m923 registration, insurance, gl pick up and waved me through as I am pretty sure he had never seen a civilian mv and no idea about GL.

I guess he felt I sounded right, looked right, fully coooperative and he did not want to hassle the line behind me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks