• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Police Conversion

snipershot

Ok, i am not a cucv owner yet, but i intend on getting one pretty soon and i was wondering if anyone had any information on the military police m1009's? I would like to make my soon to be truck a police version but i dont know what i need or where to get it.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
There was no specific military police version. All modifications were locally made as requirements dictated.

The markings were standardized and those should be in the TB on military markings.

I posted some pictures awhile back on here that showed a MP 1009 in Desert Storm. It had MILITARY POLICE down each side of the front quarter panels and across the front of the hood and on the tail gate.

There was one sold at GL...probably over a year ago now, that had lights in the grille and what remained of some radio mounting hardware.

When we were running convoys stateside about 6 years ago, we had commercial strobe light packages put into our CUCVs.

Other than locally added stuff, you won't find any specific MP gear in the TM.

nattieleather

Going from memory here.....Military Police was accross the windshield with vinyl letters, Military Police on each side under the cap windows and on the tail gate. A blue strobe light was mounted on the roof or I remember seeing one of the antenna mounts mounted on the drivers side with a pipe flange and 1 inch pipe running up to the strobe. I remember that and always thought that was some cool motor pool engineering... :)

But as was said it was up to the unit to "figure" out how to make it work.

K9Vic

If you are going to go for a MP look you need to use a era correct lightbar. The Whelen Edge would have been around in 1984 as it was introduced in 1983.

I have a Federal Signal AeroDynic on my M1009 and this was in introduced in 1977 and most MP vehicles I have ever seen used a Federal Signal lightbars and some MARS lightbars, but MARS are extremity rare.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Federal Jetstream and Jetsonic are also period correct and work well, I got one of each of those for my 1009s after seeing pictures of MP vehicles wearing them. They are cheap too, I paid less than $100 apiece for good working units. And you can still buy parts for them.

Mine are all amber though, we use them as the tail vehicle when moving the big trucks to events.

Cheers

Attachments

Pawnshop

No sirens and the word POLICE can not be on the vehicle by Texas law, and no lights visible to the front that are not white or amber, red or amber to the rear. Check your local laws, your actual mileage may vary...

TACTICAL6

Here are a few of my old rigs when I was an MP. Our CUCV had to red lights on the grill. I don't remember it having "MILITARY POLICE" anywhere on the vehicle or even a siren. But our jeeps had an MP Placard on the front, a red light on the cowl and a God awful siren . Hope these help.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks