• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Police CUCV markings

a1graymatter

Having only served as an MP during the past 5 years I have only seen a couple CUCV's set up as MP vehicles. Are there any pics out there (Ive had no luck) or is there a manual that states where and what should be marked on the vehicle for MP service.

!!!!BEFORE IT IS EVEN POINTED OUT!!!!I found the thread on this being a no go but I am absolutely sure this is not a problem in my state, I can even run a light bar if it isn't on.

Ok I found the answer and will post it just in case anyone else is looking for the info

Last edited:

topgun217

I've been looking also, pass along anything you come across and I'll also be watching this site. I would say "red & Blue" light bars are not the best to put on top. I plan on using a red Jetsonic, but then again I am a fireman as well as a LEO and in Ohio Red is ok for firemen/firefighters but red & blue is going to be frowned upon and I'll have to look up the specific Code and post it.

a1graymatter

As an ex Indiana law enforcement officer, I know a light bar or siren does not become illegal until it gets turned on. Im going full MP vehicle!! I will be driving into KY and OH on occasion so any code for these states would be appreciated

Having a light bar with blues and reds can get you in some trouble. A officer having a bad day could charge you with impersonation of a police or official vehicle. I know a guy who has a Saleen Mustang clone of "Barricade" from the Transformer movie. He only puts the light bar on at car shows, and takes it off before driving anywhere.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks