• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Police CUCV markings

a1graymatter

Having only served as an MP during the past 5 years I have only seen a couple CUCV's set up as MP vehicles. Are there any pics out there (Ive had no luck) or is there a manual that states where and what should be marked on the vehicle for MP service.

!!!!BEFORE IT IS EVEN POINTED OUT!!!!I found the thread on this being a no go but I am absolutely sure this is not a problem in my state, I can even run a light bar if it isn't on.

Ok I found the answer and will post it just in case anyone else is looking for the info

Last edited:

topgun217

I've been looking also, pass along anything you come across and I'll also be watching this site. I would say "red & Blue" light bars are not the best to put on top. I plan on using a red Jetsonic, but then again I am a fireman as well as a LEO and in Ohio Red is ok for firemen/firefighters but red & blue is going to be frowned upon and I'll have to look up the specific Code and post it.

a1graymatter

As an ex Indiana law enforcement officer, I know a light bar or siren does not become illegal until it gets turned on. Im going full MP vehicle!! I will be driving into KY and OH on occasion so any code for these states would be appreciated

Having a light bar with blues and reds can get you in some trouble. A officer having a bad day could charge you with impersonation of a police or official vehicle. I know a guy who has a Saleen Mustang clone of "Barricade" from the Transformer movie. He only puts the light bar on at car shows, and takes it off before driving anywhere.