• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Tail Lights

Naila

Would like to install military tail lights and housing to my 2010 jeep. Anybody have an idea to complete mission? Need to convert to 12v

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you purchase LEDs, they are mostly omnivolt. You can either bolt them right to the sheetmetal or sink them in hmmwv light buckets.

KsM715

Did it to my Jeep a few years ago. It's easy. Change the bulbs with the ones that are listed in the link above and if I can find it there is a chart that will tell you which wire on the military light will correspond with the tail light, turn/brake and so on

my Jeep, http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?55356-Let-there-be-light-(taillights)&highlight=

Found it. The very first post in this thread should tell you everything you need to know. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...ler-wiring-info&highlight=12volt+bulb+numbers

Last edited:

NEIOWA

M916A3 had bad tail light set. Or seems so. Looks like light switch is bad though.

M916A3 has LED surface mount (no bucket) 6220015148507 LIGHT SET,STOP LIGH Anyone know if this is same part number installed in a bucket in other installations?

jaxpaxct

I did this to my 1995 Jeep. I bought a set off ebay. However I modified the interior of the military light to accept the guts of the original tail light. It works great, however it sticks out about 5-6 inches. Thinking about cutting the light body in half to bring it closer to the jeep.

papakb

Naila, The Korean era round taillights will drop right in in place of the Jeep taillights but your going to have to do some cutting to get the later composite taillights into the body. Either way you can either just replace the 24v bulbs with 10-30 volt LEDs and your good to go. To mount the composite lamps your going to need to pick up a pair of taillight buckets from any of the newer M series trucks and fit them to the Jeep body then the lights will bolt directly into them. Remember that if you go the composite light route that both bolts need to be installed because the lamps ground through both of them.

Kurt

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M916A3 had bad tail light set. Or seems so. Looks like light switch is bad though.

M916A3 has LED surface mount (no bucket) 6220015148507 LIGHT SET,STOP LIGH Anyone know if this is same part number installed in a bucket in other installations?
Yes, they are the same. Just take them off the bucket. I might have a set somewhere without buckets let me look when I get home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks