• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military tent vestibule installation / set up.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I acquired a NOS vestibule for a command tent. I searched HI/low for the basic set up instructions/TM and am still coming up empty handed.

Does anyone have the Intel to share..?

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you try the resources section??

Does either one of these help

TM10-8340-225-10...Operators Manual, Standardized Integrated Command Post System, Tent Command Post

TM10-8340-243-13&P...Operators, Unit and Direct Support Maintenance Manual Including Repair Parts and Special Tools List: Modular Command Post System (MCPS), Small

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speedmon
Thanks for the heads up. I went through those already.

I was looking for the vestibule frame schematic / index / instructions to put together. You would think its a simple task and straight forward a child could do it but when you lay it all out to put up, nothing makes any sense.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don,
From the link that MWMules posted, it looks like there are two expandable poles that form the uprights of the vestibule and that may be all there is to it. The vestibule sticks out because of the ropes that extend out from the tops of the poles, probably at a 45 degree angle, which provide the tension both out and across the doorway to hold it in place. I've never set one of these up, so I really don't know, but I'm sure it's similar to the 20' temper tent which also has a vestibule and works that way. YMMV.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not have a tent, I am installing the vestibule over a ballistic container side door. Standard door size.. Thanks for the heads up Mike.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Don any chance you can put up a picture of the instructions that are usually sown on the vestibule or the nsn? The reason being I am not aware of a separate vestibule for the command post, I know that there may be a "boot: that allows you to hook it up to a high back Hmmwv.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked it up at the GA rally last year. There are no instructions. If I had instructions I would not bother the forum. Thank you all for your help.[thumbzup]

Looks like I am making a wood frame.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don,

If I'm reading the stuff posted by MWMULES correctly, you need to secure the back edges against the container, then set the two poles in the outer two corners and run ropes down to stakes in the ground to keep tension on them. If you don't want the ropes, then a frame is probably the best way to go.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Mike, Thats what I read as well. The problem is the steel frame work must be for something else other than the vestibule. NO worries. I appreciate everyones help. Thank you all. IGD

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks