• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military trailer maybe

CycleJay

Hello,

I saw an ad for this online.

The poster says it is a military trailer, but cannot remember the "M" number.
They say maybe it is M60, is there such a thing?

They changed the hitch from lunette/pintle to ball hitch...

Does this look like a military or civilian trailer to you guys?

Thank you, good day...

Attachments

K9Vic

It would be a M416 as I can see where the fenders were 1/2 octagon and not round as a M100 would be. It does not have the correct wheels, but it is a M416 military trailer

CycleJay

Hi guys,

Thank you for the information. I thought so too.. But was not sure..
It is cheap, but needs work. So if I can manage to get my hands on it, I will have a small project on my hands.

Good day...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I fully expect to see that behind your Oh-9 at the Ga Rally in October CJ. Nice little project.

CycleJay

Recovry,

Thank you, so would I. But I got to find a way to buy it, or ask them if they would accept 4-5 months or less worth of payments for it.
As with my pay, budget, bills, etc.. I never have that much money at once. But depending on the size of a monthly payment,
I should be able to squeeze one more bill into my budget. At least if it is a short term bill.. Especially if I work overtime,
which I have been getting a good bit of that lately at work, since it is the holiday season.

Wish me luck, that I could work out something... They are only asking $400.00 for that trailer. And it is someone local to me.

3dAngus

CJ,

If I could make a recommendation, buy your truck tires first.
Then, buy a M101A2 or A3 to go behind your truck.
If you need help buying a M101A2 or A3 from GL, let me know and I'll buy it and finance it for you. No charge.
You can get one with surge brakes for about the same price, and in much better condition.
But I would want you to get some decent tires for your vehicle first.
Just let me know if I can help in this.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are no grab handles on the BT3-C or the MBT trailers.. There are on the M100 and M416.
This trailer is a M100

I'd buy the trailer and flip it without doing any work to it. You could double your $, as long is it is not a rust bucket.

Whats the landing leg and pintle look like? All original is $$$.

Last edited:
CJ I just pointed another SS member to a M101A2 that had bows and canvas for 600.00. Was in a lot better shape than that trailer and a lot more functional. As far as GL goes for an A2 there was 1 up this week that went for 1025.00 without tarp. There were a bunch of A3's this week out of CA. There's an M101A1 for sale here and they are asking 500.00 without bows or tarp. Just an FYI. You can find them for a good price but you'll have to do a little leg work.

CycleJay

Hi guys,

Thank you for all the advice...
It will all be duly noted and considered...

Angus, thank you. I may have to take you up on that.
But I would prefer to get tires first... Unless I find or get a great deal on a trailer I cannot pass up.
Then I just will not tow it, unless I really need to, until I get decent tires first.
Please PM me with more details about this finance plan of yours?

Thank you, good night...

winerydale

Banned
Da mn Dell, That is a nice thing to do for CycleJay!!! HeII if you keep this up you are going to restore my faith in Humanity!!!!! Semper Fi David

3dAngus

Emmando is right. You could probably buy that trailer, clean it up, put a couple stars on it, and flip it and pay for your tires and the trailer both with the proceeds. Unfortunately, you cannot do any work, or even change out a tire where you live, so that pretty much so rules it out. I'm surprised they would even let you have a trailer there.

In any case, CJ, I am PMing you details of my no charge offer on the trailer. Personally, I think the offer will put you in the right direction. You have to have good, safe tires on your vehicle first. It's the top priority, for your sake, and the safety of others. Trailers can come second. Good luck.