• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military trucks in Canada

Barry822

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find a Military 5/4 ton truck in Edmonton Alberta Canada. I have been looking but have yet to find anything, but while looking I came across this site and I thought it would be the place to ask. Thanks guys. 8)

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Barry,
Welcome to SS. Hopefully some more folks will chime in on where you might locate a MV in your area. Please make sure you post a Wanted ad in the Classified Ads utility found in the Resources menu on the left of your screen. That will help others see your ad after this post has dropped off of the first page of the forum. Good luck and I hope to see you around.

Chris

Barry822

Anyone? I know I have seen some CUCV's running around Edmonton. But dont know where to find them. I tried the ritchie bros but couldnt find any listings for Edmonton.

cobra

okay, im in canada. The easiest way to get a 5/4 ton cucv is to be part of the CANADIAN Forces. As a ex-soldier, i have a friend that still works as a army mechanic, and can usally find out where stuff goes. If you would like more info pm me

rmgill

Barry, have you tried on Maple Leaf Up? There's a bunch of guys there who might know of a 5/4 ton truck. You looking for a M715?

keep eyes open...

i can't tell you wher to get one speciffically...i got lucky with mine.found it in the truck trader.company called "assets disposal" (i think) just outside of leduc.

keep a lookout in the paper,truck trader, bargain finder etc.recently,Mitchner-allen auction house,had 10 iltis scout cars go up on the block.see a lot of these in the summer,running around edmonton.(i wouldn't buy one myself...hard to get parts for,and crazy unstable.also fold like tissue in a crash.but cheap...typically under 2 grand).you might try to contact the auction house directly,and see if you can wiggle some info out of them about the next lot of military vehicles.you'll likely get stonewalled,but dosn't hurt to try

if you see an m-1010,lifted with large tires,it's likely me.the m-1010's seem relatively rare in canadian service.i only know of two around edmonton.mine and a white one.also came across a 1008,but havn't seen it since.also came across a couple of m-35's.good luck with your hunt.

M-715's are RARE up here...definitely be a unique ride.probably tough to import though.
cheer's and welcome to the site.

Barry822

Well I guess I will just have to keep my eyes open. Thanks all for your help so far. You guys seem alot more helpful than people at other message forums.