• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military vehicle and custom car show. Catskill mountains.

irnworker433

So I work at a ski center in the Catskill Mountains. I drafted a proposal to the management to host a MV/custom car show on the mountain. Im now reaching out to the crew to see how many might be interested in attending w their vehicles. So far I have 10 MVs locally that will attend. Im proposing a two day event. Some bands, food trucks, games for kids, and alot of cool cars/trucks! Let me know your thoughts!! The dates are to be determined if it is considered..Thanks for any and all input.. Peace..

CMPPhil

So I work at a ski center in the Catskill Mountains. I drafted a proposal to the management to host a MV/custom car show on the mountain. Im now reaching out to the crew to see how many might be interested in attending w their vehicles. So far I have 10 MVs locally that will attend. Im proposing a two day event. Some bands, food trucks, games for kids, and alot of cool cars/trucks! Let me know your thoughts!! The dates are to be determined if it is considered..Thanks for any and all input.. Peace..
HI
Keep us posted on date and location

Cheers Phil

dougco1

It would be a great day trip for me. If the dates are reasonable, count me in with one of my rides.

If you can incorporate a swap meet I'm sure it will draw more interest.

irnworker433

I appreciate your interest/input guys. Im also plotting a convoy route thru some very nice,picturesque dirt back roads thru the area. It should make for a great weekend of meeting new, like minded people who care about our country. In these trying times were in, we need more of this stuff. I salute every single veteran that served our country throughout time. Past and present. This is my way of giving back to those who sacrificed so much for us all. I hope I can pull it off......cheers.

Big Tom

I would be in for that

tommytours

I’m in sounds like a great idea

irnworker433

Im really pleased to see the responses to attend, Im working to make this happen. So far so good. Were in the middle of ski season so a decision-dates, probably wont be final till things slow down for us, They were planning a car show anyways this summer so I think itll work out with our vehicles as well. Peace

irnworker433

So it’s officially going to happen!! Saturday August 6, 2022. Belleayre Mountain Highmount NY. Military vehicle and custom car/hot rod show. Tell your friends!! Flyer is coming. I’ll post it up when I get it.
I’m also working on the same kind of show for the following day at a restaurant a couple min drive from the mountain. For those who can’t make Saturday. It should make for a great weekend. I have quite a few mv’s lined up myself including an m16 half track w 4- .50 cal mounted in the back. Come one come all! Unfortunatly there is no camping at either venue so if your planning to come up start calling around now to look for lodging.. This is the first year trying this so please be patient. Hoping we can grow this to be a awesome event in the future. If you have a motorhome and need a spot to park, PM me and I can point you in the right direction.

Peace..

Last edited:

dougco1

So it’s officially going to happen!! Saturday August 6, 2022. Belleayre mountain Highmount Ny. Military vehicle and custom car/hot rod show. Tell your friends!! Flyer is coming. I’ll post it up when I get it.
I’m also working on the same kind of show for the following day at a restaurant a couple min drive from the mountain. For those who can’t make Saturday. It should make for a great weekend. I have quite a few mv’s lined up myself including an m16 half track w 4- .50 cal mounted in the back. Come one come all! Unfortunatly there is no camping at either venue so if your planning to come up start calling around now to look for lodging.. This is the first year trying this so please be patient. Hoping we can grow this to be a awesome event in the future.
Peace..
It's a ways out but you can count me in with my M1008 "Easter Find" if nothing gets in my way.

irnworker433

698AA7DE-65BF-47CB-B139-B5F0175C5C89.jpegHere’s the flyer. It don’t specifically say military vehicles but there will be quite a few showing up!! This being our first event like this. If it’s a success, next year will be even better! Plz call Alex Sines on the flyer for details. Or me @ irnworker433@aol.com. Like I said I’m trying to make this a two day thing so keep posted for more details.

Address for venue is
Belleayre Mountain Ski Center
181 Galli Curci rd.
Highmount NY

Last edited:

INFChief

View attachment 866524Here’s the flyer. It don’t specifically say military vehicles but there will be quite a few showing up!! This being our first event like this. If it’s a success, next year will be even better! Plz call Alex Sines on the flyer for details. Or me @ irnworker433@aol.com. Like I said I’m trying to make this a two day thing so keep posted for more details.
Flier indicates 1 day; August 6, 2022.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks