• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Vehicle Clubs?

Mike_Pop

Is there a page on SS that lists MV clubs in each state? If not, maybe we could have one. It would be a good way to recruit new members and share information.

CGarbee

Mike's got a good point... :)

My local group is no longer listed on the MVPA website. We allowed our affiliation to drop last year for a bunch of reasons (biggest one was that we couldn't figure out how they were helping our local group and thus couldn't justify the effort to remain an affiliate...).

The NCMVPA can be found on the web at www.ncmvpa.com.

The guys in the central portion of the state meets the first Saturday in Raleigh/Cary, the guys in the western part of the state are meeting the second Saturday in Hickory. Check posts from both AMGeneral and my self in the Events section for meeting times and locations, or check the NCMVPA website..

A listing here would be more inclusive if you ask me...

Mike_Pop

Cabell,

You are right. Having meeting times and locations is good to have for newbies or vets. Does the MVPA site list that stuff? I had a heck of a time trying to see if there were any clubs in Nevada and it turns out there aren't any. It took a while to do my search. It would have been much easier to search on SS since I am logged into it every day.

CGarbee

Stan45 said:
It would be nice to have a place here to post events.
Look under the "general" section of the forum index for the "Upcoming Events" forum... :) It's a great place to post your club, municipality, or other related function...

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
An organizations page is a good idea. I will get with Mike and see if we can make one that will allow the members to upload the club name/info.

Maurice, you are more than welcome to post your club's MV events on the SS calendar for now.

vtdeucedriver

excellent idea................I have tried to contact the East TN group but I think those guys are no longer active. I still am a member of my VT group so I believe I am spoiled with any other. We really do have a good time up there!!

Cdub

Mike_Pop said:
Is there a page on SS that lists MV clubs in each state? If not, maybe we could have one. It would be a good way to recruit new members and share information.
Well if you'd move back to Jersey you could come to our MTA meetings... :D ...Hehehehe

Cheers,

C'dub

emr

RE: Re: Military Vehicle Clubs?

Well I think the MVPA does alot and is working on doing alot, as the MTA has had a big leadership role in helping get the new guys voted in and got the 2 sides talking and actually working together, I have to say for the list of clubs they have is of course a list of clubs that want to be affiliated AND it is free U do not need to do anything but have your officers be members of the MVPA, a pretty simple requirment., and if steel soldiers makes a list what is the mysterious guarantee that all clubs will want to be on that list? just wondering, it will take those clubs to be located , contacted, and asked to be listed, alot of work,its nice to ask but the guys are already doing alot here, is somebody volunteering, just wondering, A National organization is what its all about, They are talking about having a guy or ambassador type in each state to go to local clubs and talk about what they talk about at mtgs, They came to our club from half the country away just because we asked and were patient , they DID come and it was worth it, JUST like Your local club, U will get out of it what U put into it, call them e mail them, VOTE, do nothing and they will do nothing for U.as for the steel list how do u know who all these clubs are, do the steel guys have a membership in every club to get this info,NOW THE MVPA... said to the MTA , Hey U and everybody else on the east coast complains there is no national out here, BUT no clubs ask, that is how u get one U have to ask, we have asked the bigger clubs before and they say no, How About u guys? well we are working on it and may be hosting one , it is in the planning stage and then going for a club vote, I personally have been pushing since the first show i always felt that we were working towards just that,I think it will be a go, I guess i just think the best way to get other clubs info is get them into the MVPA, i really think we could be a big voice there , and one that would push the BIG IRON...M series ..RULE...Just 2 cents....Randy

joec

Mike_Pop said:
Joe.

NJ already has three military vehicle clubs.
Yes Mike i know how about a SS version.

I am a mod on MVPA board. I split my time on both. The MVPA is a great organzation to belong to. I plan on joing the Southern Jersey Chapter. Tom Woldboldt and myself e-mail and pm each alot on the site. We share ideas and such.

That would be up to the Admin if they want to go that root. I think it would be a stepping stone for Steel Soldiers. Look at the rally's that are taking place all over the country and acroos the ocean. Your right it is a big step. Not to push everyone that way. But it will only get bigger from here.

In a nut shell we need to spread the word. I have links to MVPA AND PUSH THEM.

On the other hand I get alot of feed back that one organization will only talk and support or talk about WWII . Everyone that i have talked is open to all.

So many ways to view it . Just different oppinions about all. You can never satisfy the majority. There will allways be confritation regardless.

But (Steel Soldiers) is a organization known world wide. Look at the member ship. It speaks for itself.

Without a large budget.

Goes back to: All about the word getting spread..!!!

NB1944

I have been a member of MVPA for 10+ yrs... I am also the webmaster for our club (MVCC) so I know a few things about the web. The MVPA will post any affiliate club on their site. As an affiliate, we have to have a certain percentage of our membership that are also MVPA members. Our club was 'delisted' once and we were never informed. This was brought to our attention later by one of our members. Later, we learned that one of our officers had failed to renew his MVPA dues and this was why they dropped us (all officers have to be MVPA members in good standing).

While there is definitely a WWII faction within the MVPA (I happen to be one of them), it is NOT true that they accept only WWII trucks. They often feature trucks from all eras. In our club, we are often requested to bring only WWII vehicles for certain events. For example, when asked to participate in re-enactments, this tends to be exclusively WWII. We have several guys that are just waiting for their chance to attend a Korean or Vietnam re-enactment as they have all the gear needed!!

I like your site b/c it is dynamic. The site is designed for bloggers, posts, forums, etc. and the upkeep is awsome. The MVPA is a tad slow and they fail to realize the impact/value of their site. Our club (MVCCO was guilty of this too, but when I took over I made some changes. Before I took over, we had almost zero recruiting. Almost all of our new members came to us via the web. It is also one heck of a marketing/communication tool. The web stuff is new for me, so I have a lot to learn. I really like the work you guys have done to your site. Keep up the good work.

emr

joec said:
Just joined the South Jersey MVPA chapter..!!
Cngrats!! They are one GREAT bunch of guys :D ...The MVPA does require all officers the pres, vice pres, and treasurer and secratery to be a MVPA member, but does not need any other members to be, But it does show a star or stars next to the club info in there listing a 5 star would be a 100 percent members of mvpa, the MTA is only a one star but we have close to 300 members of the general club, ut almost all at the mtg.s are MVPAer's about 40 plus monthly, The MVCC has some roots with the MTA , and we are proud of that, We think U guys are awesome out there, ...Randy