• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Vehicle Insurance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foster192

I apologize if this is something already covered, I searched the forums, but did not find a single thing.

So, if I actually were to buy say a Deuce, what are the requirements for insurance? Is is hard to get insurance on a military vehicle? Who uses what company with the most luck?

I live in Indiana, so I think getting registered and plated is not too bad as long as I buy the vehicle from a neighboring state.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Bobbed4x4

Banned
I'm pretty sure I've seen this discussed before. Seems to be pretty easy for the most part. Mine couldn't have been easier to insure. I just dropped by my agent's office and handed them the info on it. The lady sat at her computer asked me how many miles I intended to drive it a year (less then 7500) and she gave me recreational use insurance for less than $20/month. Can't argue with that. I'm in Montana and use State Farm insurance with multiple car discounts, and multiple years accident free discount, and a discount for carrying my homeowner's there as well.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the few shorts years I've been on this site I seem to recall it comes up about once every week or so.

Click search at the top of the page and put in insurance or use Clinto's list he posted for you.

Works every time.

steve

cgah04

this seems to be the hardest part of owning a deuce. ive been on the phone with soo many companys the past 2 days. so far everyone is telling me no but gieco and waiting for a call back on gulfway. gieco quoted me 366 for 6 months. seems high for this truck compared to alot of you guys but might be my only choice. hopefully gulfway will pull threw

Dodge man

this seems to be the hardest part of owning a deuce. ive been on the phone with soo many companys the past 2 days. so far everyone is telling me no but gieco and waiting for a call back on gulfway. gieco quoted me 366 for 6 months. seems high for this truck compared to alot of you guys but might be my only choice. hopefully gulfway will pull threw
Well in case you haven't figured it out yet, a LOT depends on how you register (commercial, private, antique, etc, etc) your vehicle and it's age. Also every state has different rules and sets different insurance rates and even different localities have different rates so anything we tell you could be way off base for you personally. But for me I got the best price for my '51 M-37 at Nationwide insurance. The collector vehicle insurnace companies were all considerably higher and had impossible to meet restrictions. The biggest problem that I had was to find someone that would insure it if it wasn't kept in a locked garage 100% of the time! Just get out the yellow pages, find a comfortable chair, take some aspirin and start calling every agent in the book! Good luck!

5ton4ever

My ins. is with allstate and no problems, its like $130. a year. Buy the deuce and tell the wife it's for her! 8) It is also good to have just in case of a flood. or civil unrest. or locusts.

roscoe

I apologize if this is something already covered, I searched the forums, but did not find a single thing.

So, if I actually were to buy say a Deuce, what are the requirements for insurance? Is is hard to get insurance on a military vehicle? Who uses what company with the most luck?

I live in Indiana, so I think getting registered and plated is not too bad as long as I buy the vehicle from a neighboring state.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Your not to far from me. I got three m35a2 trucks. Go to John Parker Ins.(State Farm) in New Haven and get a quote. Mine is about 300/year for commercial.

Akicita

I had a similar experience when I looked for insurance for my Deuce. I live in Pennsylvania. PA is one of the more restrictive states. Most agents were not at all interested. In the end, I decided to stay with State Farm. I have had State Farm coverage for cars, light trucks, home for many years. After much discussion, they offered a commercial policy adapted to non-commercial use. I bought my truck to have a personal work truck to help with my landscaping projects at home, the occasional trip to the Home Depot for stuff I need around the house, etc. The policy is not restrictive. Give them a call.

buddy_holly

I got GEICO. Everyone I called acted like I was trying to insure a baby genocide machine of doom, even USAA was like, "you wanna insure a WHAT???" GEICO knew exactly what I had and at the end of the conversation, the guy said, "well thanks. Enjoy your Deuce!" I pay about 40/month for complete coverage. Although this process might be different for non-military folks living outside the wild west (AZ)

Status
Not open for further replies.