• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Vehicle Insurance ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Progressive commercial. I have another medium duty truck insured with them and my deuce is about the same amount which is $400 a year.

I told them it was an AM General flatbed (technically correct since I have an A2C).

Gave them the numbers off the data plate for a VIN and when it didn't come up in their system I just told them it's a former military vehicle. No worries they said, just send us a copy of the title or registration.

It's tagged FMV right now so I suppose I'm paying more than I should for insurance based on what a lot of folks on here say.

Once I fix some leaks and am more comfortable with her reliability, I'm selling my other truck and re-tagging this one with regular plates so I can use it without benefit of a "parade".

Jimma

insurance

I got my insurance through Haggarty. You can do 99% of the applicaiton on line and email or upload photos of the vehicle and then I called to get the policy in force immediatly. I think its about $120 a year for collector insurance that provided collsion, comprehensive and $6000 agreed on value. They were easy to deal with and did not have a annual mileage restriction.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My insurance agent for our other 4 cars and trucks wouldn't even consider insuring the Deuce. I imagine the same thing will happen when I ask her to insure the 818.

steve

Snarky

I insured 6 vehicles through Allstate including my Deuce, I switched to Statefarm to save 2000$ and they already insured 2 other deuces in my area. When it came to mine it threw a red flag and they reevaluated what the vehicle was. They eventually insured it, but they had to rewrite the other 2 deuces that had policies too. It didn't end up that much more expensive, but I'm sure the other people were annoyed....

foster192

So does anybody know if there will be trucks for sale at Findlay this weekend? If there are maybe I'll be driving one home !! I told the wife we are gonna have to take her car, since me and the boy will be driving a deuce back home saturday. She didn't think it was very funny

AMGeneral

Well,I already have a business policy with Farm Bureau,with it covering transporter plates and adding the M915A1 to it today,it'll be about $2000 per year.

Granted that is for $1,000,000 libality coverage on every military vehicle I have,reguardless on when or where I drive it.

Status
Not open for further replies.