• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mind if my boy has a look at your truck?

91W350

I had five 900X20 Titans in the bed of my M1008 and three in the bed of my deuce. I decided to catch my M1008 at the Mall, my son was working, so I backed the 105 up to the 1008 and started loading tires. I moved my fluid tub out of the 1008 over to the 105.

I was buttoning things up to go drop the 105 and move the tires and tow bar out of the deuce into the 105. I just climbed up into the cab to head for some shade and a mini van arrived. A red headed gentleman with some anchor tattoos on his arms asked if his young son could look at my truck.

I set the park brake, kicked both shifters in neutral and hopped out with a "sure!" reply.

The young man has Cerebral palsy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and was walking with the aid of some crutches. I helped him up into the seat and showed him the unusual light switch. He was pretty impressed with the whole rig. I showed him how to blow the horn, he jumped back as it startled him the first time, but that did not last long!

I asked him if he would like to go for a ride and he wanted to. We motored around for a couple of miles at a slow pace and I dropped him off at the Mall with his Mom and Dad. They were some photos taking fiends.

I needed a break anyway, it was too hot to be working inside the covered beds. I think we both enjoyed our few minutes together. Glen

Attachments

Flyingvan911

That's a very cool thing to do. I had my deuce at my girlfriend's little sister's softball team fund raising car wash. It is always fun to share the MV's and our enthusiasm for them.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Thanks for posting that![thumbzup]

Looks like you and the deuce made that young man's day....he won't forget it.

Your actions certainly merit your promotion to GOOD TROOP status!!:grin::grin:

54reo

This is what it all about.

We recently had a very similar experience at a local Developmental Needs Awareness Event at the mall. Quite rewarding.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One more good reason to own a Deuce. They make kids (old or young) happy.

Tlauden

[thumbzup][thumbzup]

IMHO It's the little things in life like this that make everything worth it.

You probably just Turned one kid into an extremely happy kid[thumbzup]

Job well done sir!

(we need a saluting smiley)

91W350

Thanks guys, it was good for both of us, heck, it was good for all of us!

He may never get to drive, but I am betting he will recognize those deuces as friendly Army Trucks from now on.

Dad said when they entered the mall, he pointed at the deuce and said "Army Truck" Dad decided to see if the boy could take a look, I am glad he did. I know it made Mom and Dad's day, they were all smiles when we pulled up next to them. Glen

gunboy1656

Thanks guys, it was good for both of us, heck, it was good for all of us!

He may never get to drive, but I am betting he will recognize those deuces as friendly Army Trucks from now on.

Dad said when they entered the mall, he pointed at the deuce and said "Army Truck" Dad decided to see if the boy could take a look, I am glad he did. I know it made Mom and Dad's day, they were all smiles when we pulled up next to them. Glen

I would bet his parents or him were not the only one smiling about doing it, bet you had a big smile as well. Sometime all it takes is the simple things to make someone happy.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
:beer:

Very good 91W350. You reflected very well on the hobby.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks