• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Minimum fuel for starting engine

scrump

Hello Fellow MV'ers,
I thought that I had seen buried in a maintenance or operators manual, a note that my M923A2 needed a minimum amount of fuel in the tank (10 gallons?) or it wouldn't start. But I can not find it anymore.
Does anyone have any info on this?
Thanks!
mark

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hello Fellow MV'ers,
I thought that I had seen buried in a maintenance or operators manual, a note that my M923A2 needed a minimum amount of fuel in the tank (10 gallons?) or it wouldn't start. But I can not find it anymore.
Does anyone have any info on this?
Thanks!
mark
81gal tank with a 74gal draw. It is on the tank tag.

scrump

Thanks, Simp5882!
Well there's about 20 gallons plus in the tank, the fuel pump primes not a problem (I loosen the 10mm nut on the back side of the pump and pump the primer until it bleeds) but there is no fuel going to the cylinders when attempting to start. The kill switch is off, the throttle solenoid was removed years ago, I'm perplexed. I went through the troubleshooting guide in the Operator's Manual, and that didn't help. The fuel pump was replaced about 3 years ago with a brand new one. Ideas?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks, Simp5882!
Well there's about 20 gallons plus in the tank, the fuel pump primes not a problem (I loosen the 10mm nut on the back side of the pump and pump the primer until it bleeds) but there is no fuel going to the cylinders when attempting to start. The kill switch is off, the throttle solenoid was removed years ago, I'm perplexed. I went through the troubleshooting guide in the Operator's Manual, and that didn't help. The fuel pump was replaced about 3 years ago with a brand new one. Ideas?
Any chance you have access to "house air?" so you can mostly plug the tank filler hole with rags and kinda pressurize the tank? ASSUMING that your truck hasn't sat around so long that the creaping crud fungus among us hasn't started growing in the tank? And that maybe the green slime in the bottom of the tank hasn't been sucked into the pump or injection pump or the lines that feed it all?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks