• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Minimum voltage for reliable 60g heating?

georgia mike

$36.95/each plus $22 core. I asked about them being called "refurbished". They basically said they're used batteries that they check out, do whatever needs to be done to them and they slap their seal of approval on. I was a little disappointed by that, but they do have a 90 day warranty and if I had cores to turn in it would've hurt a lot less. I'm happy so far.

Skinny

Curious how you refurbish something that is unserviceable??? You can change the electolyte. You could desulfate them with a fancy charger. Not sure what else they are doing. Hope they work for a long time...that is a great price for batts.

They may be blemished or a discontinue line...that would be awesome. I don't buy the "refurbished" deal though. I've got one year on my Exides group 31's from Tractor Supply for $100 each...still kickin' :)

MarcusOReallyus

Hmmm. Yeah, not really thrilled with that "refurbished" business, either. Yes, blems or discontinued, great. But refurbished batteries?

Hmmmm. Still, at that price, might be worth the gamble.

On the other hand, compared to just a C note for a new battery with warranty.....

Skinny, did you get the HP31D or the HP31E?

georgia mike

Yeah I saw the Exides too. As a matter of fact I have a Tractor Supply 5 minutes from my house, but funds are tight right now with all of the other repair jobs I've been doing to our cars, so after searching Google and finding no bad reviews about the battery quality (referring to the "refurbs") I took the gamble.

And I also thought it was strange to call them "refurbished". That's all I'd seen them called on the internet, so that's why I asked. They actually call them "Econo" batteries at the store. I'll update this post to let you guys know if I don't get good service from them.

Last edited:

georgia mike

Just thought I'd give an update about the batteries.

So far they're doing very well. It's not unusual for the truck to sit for two weeks or more without being started, but so far I've had no starting issues at all. I hopped in it yesterday after it had sat for two weeks and the batteries spun the engine over as though I'd just driven it the day before. I'm very happy with them so far. I'll post another performance update when the weather turns cooler.

On a side note, I did finally make a little test block to mount the glow plugs in, but as of yet I have not tested them. It's summer, so it gets pretty warm here and I've had no cold starting issues. And in case anyone needs to know, the thread size & pitch for our glow plugs is M10x1.0

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks