• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Minnesota Bonded Title Success

Folgers

Just got back from the DMV. Got my 1969 M35A2 registered today with no problems. I just had to fill out a title application form, and give some info and pics of the truck. I paid the title fees and collector plate fee, and walked out with a 60-day temporary permit. I'll still have to send in the bond papers to the State, but I already have those filled out, so that will be pretty easy.

All it needs now is insurance and it'll be ready to roll.[thumbzup]

Folgers

I went through an online place called bondsexpress.com, they found a bond company that can deal with Minnesota, and had all the paperwork prepared/signed/notarized...cost me $108 which is pretty cheap compared to what the title companies want now. The MN DVS will send me a letter requesting the bond information in a few weeks. All i have to do is send in the four sheets sent to me by the bond company, where the bond will be up for 3 years.

dittle

Why did you need a bonded title? No SF-97/title from whoever (GL or private) that you bought the deuce from?

100dollarman

Another member who isnt a doomsayer about titles and SF97s! I love it! I love the "can do" attitude!

I commend you on your resourcefullness and ability to :grd:

Congratulations and the truck looks great!!!:beer:

Folgers

I didn't even have to say it was ex-military, they saw the pics and they were just like, "That'll work, charge him the fees, give him the permit, and he can send the bond in later." :cool:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Morning Folgers I am also an M-35 owner located just South of Fargo a few miles, if you ever get up in this area let me know I would love to see another M-35 beauty on the road my email address is Karl.kostman@netcenter.net Its always great to see another truck liek ours

KK