• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Minnesota get together and camp out

Gunner USN

For those that are coming to this event next Weekend, please bring your FRS Radios with headsets! No worries if you don't have either, there may be extras in amongst the various HMVs.
Depending on the crowd that shows, there is couple of different ideas for a Convoy Routes (short 30 to 40 miles or 100 miles). Just depends on what people want to do! See ya all on Saturday.

Jeeperjoe

Updated 6/2
1900 hrs CST

okay, so i was thinking anyone that is interested in meeting up tomorrow morning and convoy out to the farm we should probably schedule that for sure... im thinking 0800 in coon rapids and we should be able to take back highways all the way out there

there is no real plan to anything out there at this point will be a play it by ear type of event. im thinking tentative schedule

Saturday
0800 meetup to roll out get fuel and shake down supplies
0900 roll out
1000 arrive at farm breakout camp and get gear ready for the weekend
11-12ish Convoy for lunch (taylors falls?)
1400 ish arrive back at farm for filler trails rocks mud etc
1900 camp stuff

Sunday

Wakeup at whatever

Filler

1500 Pack up and clean up
1600 roll out and head home

weve been discussing a convoy i believe for Saturday for lunch i believe in taylors falls but im not certain. Gunner USN should have more information regarding this

Spoke to Mrs. Hoefler sounds like they will be getting a portapotty out at the farm for us

Looking over the list of people im not sure how many are doing the overnighter but

Redbulls HMVA website shows 7 attending and i believe i saw 5 or 6 from here of course some of those are doubled...

**REMEMBER THERE IS NO SUPPLIES BEING PROVIDED PLEASE BRING WHAT YOU NEED AND IF YOU PACK IT IN YOU MUST PACK IT OUT**

Im not interested in trashing Hoeflers place, we will clean up and remove EVERYTHING that we bring in

If you have FRS/MRS radios please bring them so that you can intervehicle communicate..

Tentative route for convoy out to farm

Starts at Target on main street in coon rapids (3300 124th ave nw In Riverdale) ends at the farm, shouldnt be more than 55ish miles per hour 2 lane blacktop most if not all of the way out there, we can roll through Forest Lake MN in case anyone needs fuel or repairs or wants to meetup a little further north (there is a holiday gas station and some quick food up that way . not sure what everyones range is on their vehicles... this convoy will only be as fast as the slowest vehicle.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/45....26e730289e8!2m2!1d-92.848072!2d45.4514939!3e0

map updated for route through forest lake

Last edited:

Gunner USN

One of things I was looking at was, that Red Bull HMVA people will be coming up for the Convoy part. If we could do the Road March on Saturday, than go play in the rocks, trails and the mud afterwards. Might make more sense. Either of the two Road March routes have some dirt roads (hard pack) on them. But we will do what the majority of you wish to do.

Gunner USN

First Annual Convoy between Members of the Minnesota HMV (from the www.steelsoldiers.com ) and Associates of Red Bull HMVA, near Lindstrom, Minnesota. We Convoyed down to Taylor Falls' Drive In, for lunch! Then proceed up to local park/boat ramp above the Falls, for a photo op. Total distance on the convoy approximately, 35 miles. Than we had a visit of the Chisago County Sheriff's SWAT Vehicle.

Thank you to Pete H and Joe S for putting this event together!:beer:

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks