• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Minor 5 Ton Build

100dollarman

Got the sides cut with the carbide blade---- cut very nicely- will use it on the next bed.

Welded and plated the bed back together--- need to finish welding. Will do that, and weld the end caps onto the dropsides on Monday.

Monday I should be able to get the bed finished up, and set it on the framerails.

Getting close to done!

When this is done, I am going to do another bobbed deuce!

Attachments

100dollarman

This thing looks better than I thought it would!!!

Just need to finish some welding/grinding/painting and this thing is done! Looks AWESOME!!! Better than I expected! I am super happy with how it came out!

When I get all all done, we get it all cleaned up nice for the customer, then I will post a couple more pics.

Here is as it sits today---

Attachments

100dollarman

Looks good ,I just sold mine today.I miss it already,I guess Ill have to build another one.

J- Looks like we both need to do another 5 ton! What are you going to do different on the next one??? I am thinking about building a mt for a 53" spare where the stock mt is.

But I am going to do a bobbed deuce next so I can use some of my new wheel centers on the HEMTT wheels!

treysoucie

J- Looks like we both need to do another 5 ton! What are you going to do different on the next one??? I am thinking about building a mt for a 53" spare where the stock mt is.

But I am going to do a bobbed deuce next so I can use some of my new wheel centers on the HEMTT wheels!

that spare tire mod would be slick. im wondering how easy it woulb be to get the wheels scraping the bed if doing even light off roading? seems the bed is low and not much room for tire movement. anyway you would be able to bring the bed up about 4inches or so?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks