• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mirror Help

67Beast

It is a solid pice with the studs the stick off it to go through the brackets. When i broke one on mine, I drilled and tapped the crossbar for a common sized 1/4" bolt. It has held for over a year now.

ah1955

I just used 1/4 threaded rod dropped down through a piece of black iron tubing( not sure of wall thickness just something I picked up at Home Depot) and washers, ran nuts down to tighten the brackets then put mirror on with internal star washers and nuts.
I think the star washers are a little better at keeping the mirror from turning, may not be the same as the origanal but for a couple bucks it worked and did not look bad.

XJChief

Thanks. It was a piece of rod, threaded at both ends. Drilled out the bottom end and punched it out. Replaced it with a stainless threaded rod and some washers and lock washers. Better than new now. Thanks.