• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mislabeled truck?

JCKnife

I have just re-read the Forum Rules RE collusion and I don't believe what I'm about to post would fall under that.

There is a truck currently being auctioned on GL that is described as an M35A2, 2-1/2 ton cargo truck, but isn't this actually a 5-ton?

I'm only going by the big canister on the drivers side front fender. Maybe I'm totally wrong but I though it was.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sephirothq

I saw that and I was hoping they were going to start selling deuces again. But nope that is a 800 series 5 ton cargo truck. An 813. I don't think they ran out of deuces to sell. I have seen ones in other GL lots.

JCKnife

Whoops, I tried to brighten up the pic to show the front differential and now it's gone all pixely.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes that picture is a M813A1. The description in for a M35A2.

It would help to preview the item before bidding.

As always with GL Buyer Beware.

greenjeepster

Not that I care, but we are not supposed to post about open auctions. You can only talk about them once they close.

Yes it is a 5 ton, it also has a broken drive shaft and who all knows what else is wrong with it. Some bidder is going to be very disappointed.

BugEyeBear

I saw that too! (It popped up on the SS "teaser" window!)

I figured that it was just a picture swap error, & that the ACTUAL truck is probably something comepletely different.

"Caveat emptor"

Last edited:

JCKnife

Not that I care, but we are not supposed to post about open auctions. You can only talk about them once they close.
Is there actually a rule that says that? Because I read the "collusion" rules closely and they do not say that.

Collusion: Collusion between members will not be tolerated in the SteelSoldiers.Com forums. The following could be construed as collusion and will be deleted:
• Sharing of bidder ID numbers or names to avoid bidding against another member
• Sharing of auction numbers or lot numbers to avoid bidding on the same item as another member
• Any other arrangement between members that serves to keep auction prices low in favor of the member bidders
First time offenders will be warned. Second time offenders will lose posting privileges for one month. Third time offenders will be banned.

greenjeepster

Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• No frivolous auction posting. This means don’t post GL/GSA auction information and photos that could be easily found with a quick search online. Very unusual or interesting items may be shared in the appropriate forums.
I believe it is in respect of other members who might be bidding on an item; if you post info on the site about and auction item it potentially could ruin a chance of winning once more people are made aware of the listing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks