• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Missed it by this much......

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really wanted to add this to my motorpool but it sold for more than I had to spend......

Saracen Armoured Vehicle 1956, refit in 1974. Rolls Royce "B" series in-line 8 cylinder gas engine with 4 speed, pre-select transmission and 2 speed trasnfer case. Needs new batteries, needs a tune-up and runs rough.

It would have looked nice sitting in the driveway. :driver:

Attachments

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never been inside one, but that thing looks pretty roomy, especially the drivers station. Might make a decent family APC. Take the kids to soccer games, grandmas house and such.

What did it go for, and where was it sold at if you don't mind me asking?

Stalwart

They are an underpowered, overly complex, slow, fuel guzzeling pain in the butt. :D

Did I mention they have marginal brakes too . . . I could go on.

B3.3T

Stalwart is 110% correct. Add to that 14 gearboxes(!), fluid flywheel, 6x6 all the time, powered brake and steering in one system that requires three accumulators to be regularly recharged with nitrogen, and an electrical system the defies description...

Yes, you were lucky to miss out on this one.

L999here

....Ahhhh.... British armor...

Got to add my 2-cents. Own both a Brit Ferret (1956) and the Brit FV432 APC (1965). Both have Rolls-Royce engines...a straight 6-cyl. in the Ferret and a straight 8-cyl. in the FV432. They guzzle gas (thank God...regular gas),are a pain to maintain...more so than US armor. The piece of armor that started this thread is...by any and all accounts...the extreme night-mare of any armored vehicle and one of the worst and difficult to run and maintain. Wish I could have found a diesel FV432. The Brit carbs are not my idea of simplicity or easy to maintain...and that is a large part of their fuel economy and loading-up problems. They look great and get plenty of attention....but unless you are mechanically minded or have the $$$ to maintain it by a professional mechanic....don't get one. Too bad I was not able to get these when I was younger...LOL. Old guys like me have trouble just getting inside these things...much less the contortions needed to drive and maintain them properly....IMHO....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks