• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Missing Banks Turbo parts...any sources?

linx310

I purchased a used Bank Turbo setup that was missing a few parts. From what I understand Banks will not sell you spare parts if you did not purchase it from them. I found this out after the fact.

Parts I Know that I am missing:

Studs that hold the air box to the manifold (I am told these are some kind of special design)

Parts that were damaged during shipping:

Steel braided oil line. Can I take a steel braded flexable fuel house and use that instead?

Copper nuts that hold the turbo to the exhaust manifold

Parts I think I may be missing:

Is there a gasket that goes between the exhaust manifold and the block?
Any other gaskets?

Does any one know a place I can purchase some of this stuff at? The one part I am worried about is the studs that hold the air box down onto the manifold.

panzerwillie

not sure about the studs that hold the airbox i have a banks kit do not recall that, any braded hose will work if you are talking
about the feed line, you can use stailess nuts for the turbo hot side, if the manifold is strait you do not have to use a gasket
however ligth high temp silicone will work as well felpro exhaust gasket, you can always call banks they may have some of the parts
you need good luck

panzerwillie

ok for the air hat , sure you can come up with something , you can use bolts with copper waher to keep boost from
leaking that what i use on my if i remenber is being a few years and i sold it but if not once again contact banks:lol:

wkbrdngsnw

Is there a gasket that goes between the exhaust manifold and the block?
Not unless your heads and manifold don't mate properly they do make them but aren't necessary.

Any other gaskets?
There is a funny sized gasket on the crossover to passenger manifold and the banks turbo to down pipe is only available through them but is relatively cheap.

Copper nuts that hold the turbo to the exhaust manifold
Those are just fancy lock nuts for high temperature but i would say a regular nut with a thin lock washer would work.

Steel braided oil line. Can I take a steel braded flexable fuel house and use that instead?
What happened to it? As long as it has a pressure rating higher then about 100 psi and the fittings will attach to it there should be no problem except maybe the temperature of the oil.