• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Missing Primary Fuel Filter

DeucesWild11

So I finally got around to changing my fuel filters and took off the primary. Looked inside the canister...nothing... looked back up at the truck...nothing.. No filter in sight.. So I went to the other two filters and thank God they were there. The secondary looked like it was sitting at the bottom of a lake as you can see in the pics.

Now, when driving locally I can't get up hills for s&*t. I average about 20 up a good hill. Not sure if all deuces are like that or if there is something holding mine back. It's bobbed but a non turbo. I was thinking if it is possible that the fuel lines between the tank and the secondary filter are gummed up? However there is pretty good pressure at the final filter and the fuel tank is pretty clean, I opened the drain on he bottom and took about a gallon of diesel out.. looked fine. I was thinking of taking out the fuel pump to inspect..

Any thoughts or is my Deuce just a dog like the rest of them. I do have nothing to compare it to.. Thanks!

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
That looks yummy, better than what mine looked like when I got it.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m90InQeoBUc[/media]

DieselBob

Man that filter looks nasty. This might seem like a stupid question on a NA truck but do you have much smoke when pulling the hill ?. You might want to install a pyrometer and see if you can turn the fuel up and maybe get a little more power.

DeucesWild11

Man that filter looks nasty. This might seem like a stupid question on a NA truck but do you have much smoke when pulling the hill ?. You might want to install a pyrometer and see if you can turn the fuel up and maybe get a little more power.
Don't know about the smoke, haven't seen any from the cab.. I was thinking of turning it up but not before installing a pyrometer.. another think I need to educate myself on.. Thanks for the tip

197thhhc

The filter looked nasty. The engine should have decent power especially bobbed, you lost 3000 pounds from a regular deuce. Your fuel setting may be really off. Get a pyrometer and spend an afternoon cranking it up and you will be amazed at what you can get from these old engines. Good luck.

greg2560

Looks like diesel algae to me drop the tank and take it to the car wash and clean it out.. And run some diesel additive to kill the algae..If diesel sits along time it will grow a type of algae.....The dinosaurs will come haunt you lol !!!! :jumpin:

dabtl

Mine looked similar. I replaced the stock filters with the jatonka spin on filters, including the primary.

I then got some bio killer and added it to the fuel tank. I was astounded at how much crap was in the primary filter after running it for some months.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We've had several that were missing the primary and one that had no oil filters in it!

DeucesWild11

Thanks guys I'll try some bio killer and perhaps run some Stanadyne Blue or Total Power FPPF through it and see if that helps. When the weather gets warmer I do want to drop the tank and do a good cleaning. Too cold to be working on this kind of stuff.. I hate cold metal.. Anyway the wifey's got me building a new kitchen.. oh well this will take a back seat..

Clinto, **** that's even scarier.. no oil filters!!