• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Missing Shock Bolt

mgramann

Does anyone know the dimensions of the upper rear shock bolt? Mine fell out this past weekend. Searches didn't produce any results. Weather being what it is-I'm trying to avoid removing the other one, or finding something "close"

Thanks!

mgramann

Can you pull the one from the other side of the truck?
We've got some nasty weather scheduled to arrive when I am able to work on the truck. Not having a garage makes it especially fun-so I was just curious if anyone else had this happen and could save me some time.

It doesn't hurt to ask!:)

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First you need to tell us what type of CUCV.

Second, looking at the TM 9-2320-289-20p parts manual, the upper bolt is part of the bracket on the pickups and part of the shock on the 1009s.

The 1009s nut size is 5/8"-18
and the 1008 nut size is 1/2"-13

Hope this helps

mgramann

First you need to tell us what type of CUCV.

Second, looking at the TM 9-2320-289-20p parts manual, the upper bolt is part of the bracket on the pickups and part of the shock on the 1009s.

The 1009s nut size is 5/8"-18
and the 1008 nut size is 1/2"-13

Hope this helps
I can't believe I forgot-it's a 1009....which means I am missing part of the shock. I am thinking if I purchased a new shock, that "bolt" would slide out, and I could use it until I can replace the whole thing when it isn't sleeting...

Thanks for the TM manual number. I have now downloaded it for future reference.

EDIT-It appears that Dorman makes a universal shock bolt kit. That should do it!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks