• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MISSION COMPLETED: On the road, moving to Springfield Arkansas

I hope I put this in the correct forum. So I wanted to share this with all of you here. My family and I lost our home during Hurricane Irma and have been staying with family until we got back on our feet. We finally found a place with 7Acs that needs a lot of work in Arkansas. So getting my military truck and trailer and another vehicle ready to make the trip. I have friends that are SS members and MVPA members that I will miss very much here in FL. I also am wondering if the 2 MV owners I saw while in the area I am moving to are members here. Im hoping to make some new friends in the area being that we don't know anyone there yet. I will definitely miss my friends here as they are truly the best friends I've had they've always treated me and my family well and always gave me great advice. I'm hoping to make more friends like that in my new location. I will be moving in about a month. My son and I will be taking the Deuce and my M105 up first to start working on our new place then my Miss and daughter will come up after. So if y'all know those MV owners or others let me know maybe we could have lunch or coffee. I just hope my family and I have a safe trip and can get back on our feet with our new home. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Last edited by a moderator:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I used to go to Alma, Arkansas frequently when I was a truck driver. The Ozarks are a lot like the mountains here in Alabama. It is the only place I ever considered moving to from Bama. Hope you and yours have good fortune there.

Let's just hope I don't break down again that has me the most stressed right now. I have a few things left on the Deuce and just bought a nice 1982 G20 Chevy van for her no rust just needs brakes and tune-up. I just finished rebuilding the 4 barrel carbonator today. It's been sitting awhile was a California Van. I've never seen one that clean and dry underneath. Only leaks are the valve cover gaskets. I bought everything I could think to replace on it. I paid 950$ for it. I ll have to get pics.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Post your planned route well ahead of time so that people along your route can see that you may be coming thru and know to keep an ear out. If i am somewhere in the southeast its not a problem. i can also bring that Nato tire and meet up somewhere along the way.

Ok Thank you Simp I'll put my route on here once I'm ready to head out. My son and I will be leaving in 2 to 4 weeks. Also looking for building materials as well for a good price lol Lord knows I'll need them.

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As hobbies go, ours is a small one. Not a big number of folks “get us”. However the quality of folks in this hobbie are some of the best people I know! I only have a few really close friends. Most are members. Perhaps you could start by checking this site: http://www.armvpa.com/ it’s a local MVPA group in Arkansas. If you are in Arkansas on Memorial Day, offer to transport a few vets in the local parade. You’ll be fine, I have a hunch your new friends are going to find you...

I'm glad I put this thread up. I have so much to do 2 vehicles to get ready packing and a house that needs serious rehab I have to put in a new power pole and both inside and outside service boxes all new wiring,plumbing windows some framing and siding to fix. I also have a huge mess to clean up lol. I'm definitely a little overwhelmed. It definitely helps having you guys to talk to. Again thank you so much.

Ok fellas got her van back running got carbonator rebuilt new valve cover gaskets and thermostat as well as flushed the coolant system out with Cascade. I got her new tires as well waiting on brake parts and plugs ,wires, ignition parts and trans and oil filters. I'm moving right along. I am going have to locate a tow bar just in case.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It might be a good idea to have a moderator move this thread to the conversations Forum since only a small amount of members are premium members and have access to the Mess Hall. It will give you a larger base for support on the trip.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It might be a good idea to have a moderator move this thread to the conversations Forum since only a small amount of members are premium members and have access to the Mess Hall. It will give you a larger base for support on the trip.
Your motion was a good one.

This thread has been moved from the Mess Hall to the Conversations Forum.

Carry on.

dmetalmiki

We all here wish you all the very best and that you be Lucky, Happy, and Successful in ALL you seek and do, now, and in the promising (Oh, MOST certainly exiting and) rewarding future you have laid out for yourself and family.
Prepare well, LOOK FORWARD to your new upcoming lifestyle and commitments.

dmetalmiki

addendum

Would you post up some pictures of the 'Events past' , And then, when convenient, The Move location shots and ongoing restoration of your new home.

I will get pics up guys the place is a mess in it's current state. I do need some help I purchased an older general portable generator for 75$. I can not find any information or diagrams for it. Here's some pics and model information. It's a 10HP B&S 251415 0152-01 engine, General 6786-0 Alternator. I bought new carb, condenser and coil. It was taken apart by previous owner so can't figure out governor and carb linkages and starter wiring.

Attachments

dmetalmiki

Start from scratch.
Battery + to starter motor.
Battery- earth.
Link from 'Governor' goes to throttle linkage.
A Spring (!) goes from throttle linkage to................Anywhere, With a little tension on it. (A LITTLE! at closed throttle).
Wire? From the contact points goes to a battery + through a switch.
If A magneto, Clean and adjust the breaker points.
Some fuel, Some oil. (Bow before it)...nahhh...A KICK!
brm brm brm......
Hope this helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks