• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Missouri M116A3 untitled bill of sale

joninmissouri

Hello all,
I am sure that this question has been asked before. Looking to license a untitled bill of sale trailer. I am sure a trip to the local highway patrol hq is in order. Wondering if i will be able to title as a homemade trailer?

Anyone have experience regarding bill of sale (untitled) military trailer licensing in Missouri?

Thanks in advance.

Take care all.

Jeepadict

I wouldn't like mine to be titled as homemade as it isn't...it has a serial no already stamped on the frame. Highway Patrol will not be as helpful as much as the DMV/MVD will be. From my research, most states will issue a bonded title off of a Bill of Sale...a small fee for the bond surety and a year later it converts to a regular title.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Jeepadict

Hi @Jeepadict,

Good information thank you. The only identification number i could find was a four digit number.View attachment 928486
1721 was the only indentation number i could find.
Yep, I have a 116 and a 101 with the same...that is your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)...both of mine are also stamped on the top of the left frame steel on the tongue.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

aghumvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately I don’t think Missouri is going to do anything unless the bill of sale is from a state that doesn’t have titles for some trailers or antiques. The Highway patrol Vin/Salvage location at least in KC (Troop A) will say you need a title from the previous owner or have the previous owner get one.
You might call the Highway Patrol VIN/Salvage location that’s close to you and at least see what they say.