• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MK-17 Hydraulic issues

bigmellon

Gents,

I finally have the LVS coupled to the MK-17 RBU. It runs and drives just fine. When parked, sitting at idle, and I pull the hydraulics lever out to provide power to the RBU and the engine strains and stalls. I did this twice with the same result. I even tried giving the engine more throttle to maintain power... But it would seem I have an issue with the hydraulics. Could a line be crossed? The fittings are all a very special size to prevent this. Dead headed? Not that I know all of what I am looking at, but the RBU looks to be in very good shape. New paint, undercoating. Heck, the thing looks to have been overhauled or rarely used.

I am reading through the manuals and have not found anything pertaining to this. Has anyone experienced this issue and have any insight into the next step of trouble shooting? I would sure like to unfold that crane and see how it works!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
When the aux. hyds. are engaged, there is supposed to be a auto throttle that engages to prevent this, this little tit- bit of info was culled from the MK48 -10

ALSO the -10 says "MAKE SURE THE AUX. HYDS CONTROL LEVER IS FULLY ENGAGED" if not you will get you this condition, I have been told that due to not being used for a long time, the change over valve may have rust that prevents full engagement.

bigmellon

So, the change over valve seems to move freely. How much movement should I have on this? I am guessing it moves out about half an inch to change over. Is that adequate?

Also, is there a way to test the auto throttle?

Thanks!!

bigmellon

Here is the OUT position on my valve... Is that enough throw? Stalls the motor every time I pull it. Also, a light goes on for manual disengage of hydraulics in the cab.

IMG_6097.jpg

turnerman

check to make sure there is not a cut off valve on the pressure side from the pump. Mine did the same thing ended up being a cut off with a square nob that i turned with a adjustable wrench and then got flow and everything worked fine. Mine was behind the manual valve handles in towards the middle of the crane structure. trace the line from the pump under the crane and up and you will find it if yours is like mine. Good luck
alex

BradBMI

Also check all the quick disconnects. If one in not all the way in the fluid will have no where to go and stall you out

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks