• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MK-17 RBUs so rare?

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why are MK-17 RBUs so rare?

Seems like just about every LVS RBU has been released in numbers except the MK-17. Anyone know why? They seem to be pretty hard to come by.

Thanks.

Last edited:

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
USMC did not get but 2200 RBU's total, so what do you think the number released to John Q Public will be?

There were 2 sold at an auction in NY a couple years back. I picked one up for a buyer and towed it to the Buckeye. It was listed a while back in the classifieds. I don't know if it sold or if the ad expired.

Attachments

Last edited:

sandcobra164

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but for some reason while the LVS's were still current trucks, the Marines deemed the MK-17 RBU as un-needed. At the time, they were not assigned a favorable demil code so we literally watched 100's of them get cut up for scrap removal about 5 years ago. I'm sure something similar likely happened on the west coast at the storage area.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There were 4 released at Ft Riley during that time period, looked brand new but were sold as demil scrap and that included the crane.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks