• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MK48 cabs in CA

tcody

Pete - I think he is in Waterloo; I am 3 hours further down the road from you. Looks like we have at least 8 coming to the area. I am in if we can save some money!

Hoefler

OK-sounds good. These are on skids with aprox dimensions of 96" x 65" x 68" tall. Looks like several will fit on each truck.
Who is taking lead on this project?
Pete

Andy1234

If it comes down to it, I can make a few calls to some of the freight companies that I deal with.

I'm having trouble getting a LTL carrier to touch it, so I'm thinking about calling a freight broker for mine. If we can get a bunch going to one location (5 or 6), we can get a deal on a flatbed or van body trailer load.

So far, it sounds like Pete has on in MN, Cody has 2 in IL, and I have 1 in StL. Anybody else?

Andy

tcody

If it comes down to it, I can make a few calls to some of the freight companies that I deal with.

I'm having trouble getting a LTL carrier to touch it, so I'm thinking about calling a freight broker for mine. If we can get a bunch going to one location (5 or 6), we can get a deal on a flatbed or van body trailer load.

So far, it sounds like Pete has on in MN, Cody has 2 in IL, and I have 1 in StL. Anybody else?

Andy
Blhar15 has four going to Waterloo IA. I am good with anything to save money. Can drive on a weekend or have equipment and storage to keep stuff here. I have a USHIP request and looking to be about $800ish each to me but?????

Andy1234

Blhar15 has four going to Waterloo IA. I am good with anything to save money. Can drive on a weekend or have equipment and storage to keep stuff here. I have a USHIP request and looking to be about $800ish each to me but?????
So, if we all go in together it would be 8 total, correct?

What would be a central location, where they could be unloaded and stored until we can all get to them?

Cody, if you can handle the unloading and storage, let me know.

Andy

tcody

I am just north of I80 on the IA/IL border. I can unload these crates with my skidloader or have a local welding shop do it so it is a commercial address. I can store any items in my barn for up to a couple of months. If that would help you guys out let me know. Andy - you are about 5 hours south of me. I am 3 hrs easy drive from Waterloo and 6 hours from Mpls.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can move potentially 3 or 4 more to Phoenix, AZ for now, potentially farther in the future.

markmontana

If there was a location to store them- near the base at Barstow, I could probably spend a day moving everyones cab there, and then we could take our time looking into moving them east (or where ever).

100dollarman- do you know of a safe place we could put these cabs? I'm thinking your place is a little too far for multiple trips. I've seen some fenced in areas between the gate and Walmart- would be perfect.

markmontana

OK- I found a location and a guy who can recover the cabs. He has about 4 acres not far from the Barstow GL lot, and a 2 ton truck with a gin pole. I know the guy and he has helped me on a Barstow recovery.

This would allow us to recover the cabs, store them and work out transportation details later. As you know - the GL lot is close to both I-15 and I-40.

If this would help- just PM me.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am headed to Austin, TX in Nov. with an empty 16' trailer and I can bring two cabs to TX if anyone needs help with trans. I also can pick them up in Barstow and store them till then or store them till you come pick them up here in AZ.

86m1028

I am headed to Austin, TX in Nov. with an empty 16' trailer and I can bring two cabs to TX if anyone needs help with trans. I also can pick them up in Barstow and store them till then or store them till you come pick them up here in AZ.
Pm incoming

Have 2 that need to get to Dallas tx

gijoe

cabs to indiana or ?

I can get them to indiana or i could go with somebody else money wise. People let me know my euc has not cleared yet. thanks

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got 2 coming to FL for $2300. On a side note, GL said they would only "tailgate load" an enclosed trailer. Make sure your trucker has a pallet jack.

gijoe

cabs

I can get them to indiana for 850 for 1 or 750 each for 2, maybe even cheaper posibily. If anybody is interested or if they can beat the 750.00 each price let me
know and i may go your way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks