• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mk48 Engine issues

tokarev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trying to figure out what the problem is with the 92 series detroit diesel in my Mk48. The Engine starts on the first flip of the switch. It seems to idle with a slight miss - in neutral the engine will rev up and seems normal. When shifted into gear especially forward and throttle is applied white smoke starts coming out the exhaust and there is no power. Also getting oil out the hot side of the turbo. Trying to get an idea of where to start looking for the fix. Thanks

Ford Mechanic

Just a shot in the dark but I would check the boost pressure in the intake manifold. The oil out of the hot side of the turbo, is it coming from the shaft seal or just blowing out with the exhaust?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks