• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MK48 power-running issues

Hoefler

Truck sat for about a year, but started right up. Ran well but for some reason lost power when in gear. Stop and let it run for a bit and it seemed to have more power for a shorter duration. Limped it back to barn where it could barely idle. Let it sit for a week and went to start it. Fired right up but did the same power loss situation. Wasnt blowing any white smoke, but figured the fuel filter was bad. Replaced the large one and the cartridge. Seemed to run better but now back to same situation.
It seems as though the filters were plugged-symptoms pointed to this. Went back to TM's a see only two filters.
I have discovered there are check valves on the top of the tanks. I plan on cleaning them next week. I had the same issue with my A3. Check valve was gummy, however she ran with white smoke indicating fuel starve. The MK doesnt do this white smoke deal.
Has anybody had this happen? Help.
Pete

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have found E85 fuel cuts the diesel gum like butter. Maybe the in tank pickups are restricted.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try running with the fuel tank cap removed, if it runs with no issues, clean the tank vent.

Also look in the pleating on the fuel filter, might have hoses breaking down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks