• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT-85 Teleflex BP100 MBU Battery Module, What Batteries to use

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am working on restoring an MKT-85 trailer and am wondering what batteries to use in the Teleflex BP100 MBU Battery Module I have. Any help would be appreciated,

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 10-7310-281-13-P says the complete battery pack weighs 93 pounds complete, the procedure for changing the batteries is in Work Package 43, in that WP it says each battery weighs 35 pounds. NSN for the battery is 7310-01-454-1249 and a quick Google search shows Teleflex as the supplier. Probably going to be cheaper to buy a 2K Honda generator if you are going to setup somewhere there is no other electrical power source IMHO.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 10-7310-281-13-P says the complete battery pack weighs 93 pounds complete, the procedure for changing the batteries is in Work Package 43, in that WP it says each battery weighs 35 pounds. NSN for the battery is 7310-01-454-1249 and a quick Google search shows Teleflex as the supplier. Probably going to be cheaper to buy a 2K Honda generator if you are going to setup somewhere there is no other electrical power source IMHO.
Thanks for the info....I was hoping to find a civilian equivalent to make it operational. I cant find anything that even says whether it is two 24 volt batteries, or two 12 volt linked to make one 24 volt. Thoughts?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No idea. I have not actually seen the inside of one, only the drawings in the TM. 8-10 years ago I passed on buying them, in part because I had one of the cables that allows the voltage straight from the truck slave port, and in part becuause I almost always have a generator and shore power available anyway. The battery unit to me is just another big, bulky, and heavy item to maintain. YMMV.

Jake59

I am working on restoring an MKT-85 trailer and am wondering what batteries to use in the Teleflex BP100 MBU Battery Module I have. Any help would be appreciated,
Hi,

... a bit late... but is this what you are looking for:

Jake

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks