• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT Experts tell me what you see!

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up a MKT-99 Thursday from GL, I am not going to be able to look at it for a couple of days, so I had my daughter and a couple of her friends go an take some photos of what is inside. Unfortunately they took more photos of them selves than they did of the trailer! But from what I can see it looks like it has the MBUs, the blower, lights,DSCN0142.jpgDSCN0147.jpgDSCN0126.jpgDSCN0137.jpgDSCN0132.jpgDSCN0129.jpg a bunch of drink dispensers, some food containers and a lot of poles. A couple of her friends are the size of squirrels but she side it was too full to clime in, a good thing I am thinking. Anyway if you see something good I didn't mention please let me know, the suspense is killing me!
Thanks,
James

Attachments

Rumplecat,
Congrats on the MKT and welcome to club of MKT owners. MKT's are a lot of fun, attract a lot of attention, and can be difficult to make complete. Hard to tell from the pics, your daughter did a good job without opening it up.

Hard to tell everything from the pics, your daughter did a good job of getting pics of what she did without opening it up. For sure there is a blower kit with hose there, the hose clamps my be in one of the drawers or at the ends of the hose? Directly on the floor of the side with the long counter top, on the floor should be a long square vent under the cabinet on the floor. One end of the hose connects to the circular end. The other end connects to the blower motor unit (White cone shaped thing). Don't see the mounting rod for the blower, but it should be there. Also see 1 overhead light, should be another. I saw at least 2 of the 3 ladders
and 5 of the 6 handrails. Saw 2 M-59 Ranges and some MBU's. Did not see the 2 or 4 wire MBU harnesses, and look under the front of the trailer for the crossover cable. Sometimes the cables are inside the ice chest, inside the power converter cabinet, or one of the cabinet drawers. You have at least 5 drinking containers and a bunch of Cambro Food Containers. Should have 3 Stainless trays with lids and rubber gaskets in each. Saw at least 2 hold down straps for correct packing of the trailer. Noticed 1 baking tray for the M-59 Range. And a colander too. You just have to take some time and open her up and inventory the contents. Good luck and enjoy.

John

CommoChief

Rumplecat,

I echo John....welcome to the world of MKT. I am new
to this as well, purchasing an MKT last year. Actually, I
purchased one of John's units.

i think I see a Sceptor can in there as well.

-----------

John,

If you come across any Cambro Food Containers
i am looking for a couple more. Any word on the
Gilbert Show?

Bill

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1st post:

1st Pic L-R

Cambro drink dispenser
exhaust fan
flat aluminum piece from baking set
Cambro food container

2nd Pic L-R

2 ovens with MBUs
at least 2 ladders
moveable cabinet

Pic 3 L-R

bottom of 5 ladder hand rails (should be 6 total)
moveable cabinet
water can
Cambro food container
colander
4 Cambro drink dispensers

Pic 4 L-R

moveable cabinet
several walkway cover poles
hose and funnel of exhaust fan
2 MBUs

Pic 5

Top of ovens
2 Cambro drink dispensers
something wrapped in oilcloth type paper (curious as to what that is)

Pic 6

Same as pic 2

Pic 7 L-R

2 drawer cabinet - in the bottom drawer are handles for T-rations and the handle of a serving spoon or fork
walkway cover poles

2nd post is just different shots of the same stuff.

Looks like you've got a good haul especially with the MBUs in there. I hope you get all of the cables. Like John said, check under the front of the trailer and you should see a hole in the floor on each side. Hopefully there's a cable coming out of them. That would be the cross over cable and although it's the toughest one to take off it's usually the one most likely to be missing and a bear to find.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are a couple of more shots, she figured out the walk ways! The item wrapped up in the paper is a Lister Bag, there are two of them new in the paper, we used to call them water buffaloes, for drinking water and washing hands. The cross over cable is in place and in one of the photos you can see some additional cables(two pin). In the one photo there are fuel lines and in the two black bags are priming units.
James

Attachments

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats! I didn't get any lister bags in mine but the other one I helped pick up had them. It was also a MKT-99. Glad you have the cross-over cable. Chances are all of them will be there so you're good to go.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
She checked the ice box(aluminum) it has a divider in it along with several panels of netting, there is also a large piece of folded vinyl in the center of the trailer with some heavy ropes attached to it?

DSCN0154.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Definitely the 4 burner cable.

Just a little warning: DO NOT STAND ON THE REAR DECK WITHOUT THE LEVELING LEGS DOWN. Sorry to shout but that's a very important thing to know. The trailer can, and will depending on the weight, tip over backwards dumping people and items on the ground. It works like one giant seesaw and can cause some serious injuries. Actually that goes for the back part of the side decks too. Luckily I was forewarned by an old thread before I ever got my first one.

Last edited:

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, I found that out when we loaded the trailer on the car hauler, I notice when I stopped i felt a bump, it turns out the tongue of the trailer was coming up off the bed of the car hauler! We strapped the tongue down and no more problems, in the photos it is still strapped to the trailer.

61sleepercab

Looks like you MKT trailer is like a big Christmas package that you have partially unwrapped. My trailer was almost bare to start with but I have slowly gathered equipment from Ebay and GL purchases. I lucked out and got two range units brand new in boxes with all pots and hand tools in place. The problem with using the trailers with public food preparation is that there are no sinks built in because the Army used a sanitation tent with three MBU heated large sinks. I have seen others set up with another trailer with the sinks setup on it. I have not figured out the sink puzzle yet. But it sure is fun to own a $1000,000 GI hot dog grill. The 4H camp outdoor cooking camp is looking to possibly using my trailer for a base camp. S mores for 200????? Have fun with your hash wagon,,,, Mark

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post #8, second picture shows the heater outlet square tube vent apparatus, the ice box divider is another plus, and there should be a plastic grating in the bottom so stuff down there does not get any water built up around it. That type of box was meant as an old time ice box/refrigerator with ice kept on one side and the food to be kept cool on the other. With the advent of using the commercial CAMBRO pieces, it was used mainly for storing the canvas pieces and often lost the divider.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the first i have time anyone has mentioned a heater, is it separate or is it part of the trailer? I found a guy locally who has immersion heaters still in the crate for $45, I may have to have a couple of those for my new MKT, this is starting to feel like an addiction!
James

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the first i have time anyone has mentioned a heater, is it separate or is it part of the trailer? I found a guy locally who has immersion heaters still in the crate for $45, I may have to have a couple of those for my new MKT, this is starting to feel like an addiction!
James
The "heater" is a vent on the floor just below the oven side cabinets. It uses the exhaust fan to suck heated air from the top of the trailer and sends it through the exhaust hose down to the floor vent. That way during cold temp operations you get warm air movement.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "heater" is a vent on the floor just below the oven side cabinets. It uses the exhaust fan to suck heated air from the top of the trailer and sends it through the exhaust hose down to the floor vent. That way during cold temp operations you get warm air movement.
Or at least the cooks get warm air blowing on their feet while standing on an aluminum floor with no insulation below it. There is a 'skirt' that goes around the entire lower part of the MKT (it attaches to the wall sections on its top, right at the floor line) which cuts the draft from the wind a good bit in the winter. It has large rope loops on the bottom edge to help anchor it to the ground (with tent stakes) and even has a fitted part for the lunette. Made in both one piece and two piece configurations (I've seen both).

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of my daughters photos shows some heavy vinyl folded, piled in the center of the MKT, it has some pretty thick rope attached?

jasonjc

You just need to open it up and lay every thing out. Then you will know whats there and whats not. Put them kids to work it will be fun, well tell them it will be fun:wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks