• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT...finally

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After about 2 months of work, our MKT is ready to work. While its not completely ready, we still have a few things we want to do to it, it's now functional. Since Boy Scouts will be utilizing the trailer, we converted to propane...much safer I think. We took out the field ovens out and put a bbq in their place. We had it made both as a smoker and a gas grill. Don't worry we've kept the ovens and can easily change it back. We fed about 40 people breakfast yesterday morning, as a trial run. Thanks to SCSG-G4 for the griddle and all your help. Our next project is to turn our other MKT into a pantry/sanitation/washing station. Has anyone done this? Any ideas?

Attachments

steelandcanvas

Here's a couple of photos of an MKT that belongs to a Club Member. We fed 100+ Members and their Families, over 2 days at the Colorado Sport Aviation Air Show this past August. Our volunteering kitchen personnel loved preparing the meals in the MKT.

Attachments

WPNS421

I like the idea of moving the cabinets over and removing the ovens. I have a 30 in propane grill that I would prefer to use versus the ovens. I think we will bw doing a few mods this winter. We have 2 MKTs and we used MKT #1 3 times this summer, one meet we feed 4 meals to over 200 persons each time and the second time we fed 60 people 4 meals. Great fun.

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Grill was built by a set of hastily drawn up plans, however the welder put the firebox on the wrong side, so in order to have the proper flow of smoke over the meat and to have the smokestack vent outside instead of inside the trailer, we had to swap the cabinet and the pedestal for the ovens, not really a big deal. As for the other MKT, we thought of putting a water tank with an electric pump where the cabinet with the cutting board goes and replacing the burner area with a stainless steel 3 sink setup. I would leave the ovens to use in conjunction with the original trailer to heat water or bake cookies...whatever. Where we got the original two trailers, they have two more MKTs. I'm seriously thinking of going and getting them. Our Scouts are having a great time with them, they get to do all the bending and stooping when we work on it. Oh and they love the arctic tent too, it's actually fairly easy to put up.

Attachments

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the way you have the hoses and tanks on the outside, we put ours on the side. I think I might use your turkey fryer idea to use with the field ovens, easy in and out.

Bobcat701

I love your MKT, I just purchased an LMTV. My wife is a little miffed at me, however, she is the Grubmaster of my scout troop. I am looking at buying one of these to make her life easier. Nice job, and thanks for the post.