• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT @ Ft. Drum

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was also one here in FL. I forgot to call Cliffw as it was right next to him. I hope he was watching.

LanceRobson

The one at Drum sold for $860.

I thought long and hard about buying it but decided to spend the money on some of the partly completed projects I've already got.

The canvas was in rough shape and I couldn't tell if the griddle was there. A lot of the bits and pieces were missing but none of them were "show stoppers"

Lance

badgeboy16

The MKT did go to a member. The winning bid ended up at $809.69 + buyers premium for it. A significant difference from when it was up before in the spring/summer. I just hope all of the goodies that were in it then are still there. EUC was submitted to GL today so I hope that it processes quickly.

My wife actually has wanted one since we saw one at a car show where they had a few military vehicles set up. I hope that this make a good project for her and gets her involved in the hobby more.

Still working on the transportation South 147.25 miles.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ultimate gift, a kitchen trailer!:-D I actually think they're cool!
Post pics!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm getting ready to bid on one so I wanted a ballpark figure. So far the only other one I've seen within reasonable driving distance was also in the $800 range.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can get one reasonably complete for under a thousand, go for it! By the time I got mine home from Ft. Pickett, I calculate I have about $2700 in the sucker. Then I need to add in the extra ovens, the vinyl canvas, the MBU's and their parts, probably approaching five grand.

Post a list of what it's missing, along with pics of it setup, and there are a number of us here that may be able to help you complete it!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't want to hijack the thread (flame if necessary), but whats the difference between the M2 and the MBU stoves? The MKT I'm looking at is a MKT-90.

m109guy

M2 = Gasoline burning. Hard to use, and can be very dangerous if you don't know what your doing.

MBU (Modern Burner Unit) = Runs on diesel and is electronically started. Very easy to use, works very well, and is x100000 safer than the M2's. Only downside is that you need electricity for it to work (runs on 24v).

jatonka

Hey Badge Boy, that was our military encampment at the Norwich carshow, small world. Paul has 2 of the kitchen trailers, sets up every year and feeds the whole club. They are a great item to have, congratulations, you may want to join our club this year, lot of fun people and some nice ones too. JT

LanceRobson

Badge boy, if you need it hauled home, let me know. I'm sure we can work it out.

As of last Wed.(?) when Doghead and I were there, it was intact. Kevin Smart, the Drum GL guy, is anal about being with people when they're in the yard and there is no military scavenging of parts at Drum since there is no turn in point. All the vehicles at Drum were hauled there, by GL, from somewhere else.

Lance

LanceRobson

I don't want to hijack the thread (flame if necessary), but whats the difference between the M2 and the MBU stoves? The MKT I'm looking at is a MKT-90.
The M2 and MBUs are burner units that provide heat to field ranges, griddles etc.

MKT-85 and MKT-90 (and earlier MKT designations) refer to differences in things other than the burner units, such as interior configuration and layout and trailer chassis updates.

The MBU has been around for several years and was an update in existing MKTs due to safety and fuel issues. The DOD wanted to get gasoline (MOGAS) out of the forward units for commonality and safety reasons and because the M2 burner is a bomb looking for a place to detonate.

In an MKT, both the M2 and the MBU, in all their variations, can used under the grates or griddle and in the M59 field ranges.

Lance

badgeboy16

EUC process wasn't that bad this time. Only for got the export letter.:roll: It was sent to Battle Creek yesterday so the wait begins......

Still working on the transportation.....

WPNS421

I have an MKT and I just put dibs on a 2nd one, the guy is going to tell me what is in it and I will confirm the buy. The last MKT had everything in it an d I mean everything. In Canada before MKT's we had M135 converted into mobile kitchens, we built one last year and plan to use this summer. Good luck in your hunt for an MKT, took me 3 years to find a good one. MKT was well priced but tgransport home doubled the price.