• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT fun

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Used the MKT for a special olympics fundraiser this weekend. Here are a few pics. We served 50 lbs of brisket sandwiches, about 260 sausage wraps and 20 gallons of lemonade in about 3 hours. The event was from 10 to 4. there were several other food vendors around us and they didn't get busy until after we sold out of everything at 1 pm. I can't tell you how many people commented on the trailer, all positive comments, "where did you get this thing", was the most popular comment. We even had a few veterans come by and tell a few of their favorite MKT stories. I truly think our success was based on everyones curiosity about the MKT...the brisket and sausage wasn't too bad either. Raised almost $1000 to help send some special olympians to the world games in Greece this summer. Due to some health department requirements we also had to have a hand washing station. I took and extra cabinet, cut a hole in the top and dropped in a sink. I utilized a 12 volt water pump from HF, a lawn tractor battery and a few jerry cans and surprise...running water. Also met a few guys from the Lone Star chapter of the MVPA. They had some really cool vehicles and let a lot of kids learn a little more about military history. Thanks to SCSG-G4 for getting me the canopy in time for this event, Thanks Mike.

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Thanks to SCSG-G4 for getting me the canopy in time for this event, Thanks Mike.
Mike is the MKT guru......we have had one set up at the GA Rally for the last two years and it has been the center of attention and food service. People love the Army style chow we make.

Your sink is DA BOMB....we may have to copy that design for the rally this year.[thumbzup][thumbzup]

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really think the MKT was a large part of the success of our fundraiser, people were just so curious about it. Ill try and get some more pics of the sink, it's pretty simple though. I was a little surprised when it worked as well as it did, plus it "fits" with the rest of the gear, it looks like it belongs there.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also met a few guys from the Lone Star chapter of the MVPA. They had some really cool vehicles and let a lot of kids learn a little more about military history.
Great to see you at Tejeda and glad things went well with the MKT. I'll probably have mine at next year's event (just for display so no competition on the sausage wraps). But just to clarify, it was the ALAMO chapter of the MVPA not the LONESTAR chapter. While they are great folks (I know, I'm a member there too) we in San Antonio need as much recognition as we can get.

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry about that, I met some wonderful people from the ALAMO chapter of the MVPA. Seriously, it was nice of you guys to take a Saturday and bring your FMV's out there for the kids. I heard a lot of comments this morning about the cool trucks with the guns...I'm guessing they were talking about the half track. Bring your MKT next year, I'd love to check it out