• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mkt questions

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MKT is built on a M103/105 trailer frame (1.5 ton). Total weight with everything in it is about 5400 pounds (max). Tows fine behind a deuce, only problem behind a 5 ton is that it would be pointing slightly uphill all the time, as the tires are 900 x 20's. That's the only thing I can think of right off hand. Maybe someone with more knowledge will chime in.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Dave who says you can't tow it with a 5T ? I agree with SCSG-G4. Are you talking about the clubs MKT? I still have the outer curtains and the bug nets for it at my house. If I have enough space after I get all the brush cleared out from my shed I was thinking of storing it here since Sherm never takes it anywhere. Ps hows the country living? Dave

davesgmc

sherm is supposed to be bringing the trialer to my house today or,,,,well its sherm,,,probably when ever he gets done telling some stupid story about some,,,well you get the idea. Hang on to the curtain and screens. gonna ned them soon. the plan is t get the kitchen part all back together and running then take all or most of it out, put it in storage and use the platform to sell our dog tags and other novelty items from. got big plans, etc for using it at liberty memorial and topeka next year. Alan said he can get some more stuff we might need for it so sometime after i get it to the house he is gonna come look over and see what else we need for it.

country living,,,,it great! Sheriffs dept only been out once so far. some cranky old man didnt think the kids should ahve been running the go kart up and down the gravel road (party pooper)

come on out and see us sometime. i am ususally home weekends or evenings. still working on getting organozed and trying to find a place for all my stuff. for some reason i keep getting more!

CGarbee

Tow my MKT85 behind my XM813 all the time. Heck, I took it from Raleigh, NC, to Haspin, IN, just last month without any problem. Pointed down a bit on the way out (pintle on the five ton is lower than on a duece), was straight and level on the trip back (finally got around to flipping the lunette ring while at Haspin...).

It tows way better behind my five ton than behind the M35A2C that I used to use as a tow vehicle for it. Much more power on the hills, and a littlle more mass (even though it does have good brakes) when stopping it on the hills...

There are plenty of photos of it on the Haspin thread from this year... :)

Enjoy yours.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Stampy I think you might be at the limit, I used to pull a fully loaded one with a 1 ton Chevy dually , fine after you got going down the Hwy, but stops and starts were a little hairy. I never really felt safe in town pulling it. PS make sure all the roof vents are secured before you go, nothing worse than getting home and finding 2 of them gone.

Tanner

How about towing an MKT behind a m1009?
Stampy - the max towed-load rating on a 1009 from what info I've seen is 3,000 lbs. - and with that short wheelbase, it could get quite interesting a a panic stop situation or if towing in windy conditions... a 1009 wouldn't be my choice of tow vehicle for that kind of load -

'Tanner'

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks