• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MLVW roof basket

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Does anyone have any info on the load capacities for the Canadian MLVW(m35) roof baskets? Also pictures of how they are mounted would be greatly apreciated.

On a somewhat connected note...
What is the outside diameter of the M66 gun ring legs?

Numbers

There are people on here with those mounts/legs. If nobody gets back to you just call one of the many manufacturers and ask them.

Advanced Precision Manufacturing, Inc.
2301 Estes Ave., Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
tel. 847-981-9800
e-mail: apmi@apmi.us

m109guy

Here are some higher resolution pictures.

This is the original basket assembly that came with the trucks.

It is bolted to the sides of the cab top with 4 bolts on each of the four legs.

They fit on the US M35 perfectly as well (same cab).

I can take some measurements when I go back to the shop tomorrow if you want.

Last edited:

m109guy

That is a really cool manual! Thank you. Do you have any other fabrication manuals for any thing else for these trucks?
Sorry it is the only fabrication manual that I have for these trucks. There might be others, but I do not have them.

Thank you,
Would you be comfortable with your spare tire/wheel up there?
Oh ya, not a problem what so ever. I would be comfortable putting 2 tires up there without a problem. The only thing I would make sure is that you strap it down properly. You wouldn't want to slam on the breaks and see the tire flying off the roof and down the road :mrgreen:

WPNS421

One of the nice things on the Cdn roof baskets is that they are removeable, you release the two front clips , grab the handles and remove the basket portion. I hope to be getting a few in the near future. These are great to store gear or cam nets or if you put a plywood in the bottom put 2 chairs and a cooler and watch whatever from the roof.