• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mobile AL to Abilene TX

blitz10

I won a M923A2 from Govplanet in Mobile. Co-worker and I flew in on the 16th and went to the yard the yard the next morning. Aired up one tire and then the rain hit. Waited a bit for it to clear and started out for the nearest automotive store to do a fluid checks and buy what we needed. The Govplanet lot man was very nice and helpful. Next was a stop at Walmart for a cooler, drinks and ice. I had bought a cargo cover kit from Jeff Davis in Hattiesburg, it was on the way home. Met up with him and bought a turn signal assembly, ours was cracked and falling to pieces. We also had a 105 trailer in tow and the lights would not work even though it had a fresh rebuild. Jeff helped us out tremendously on it. After fooling around with several things to get trailer lights to work, he suggested checking the truck side of the plug. Bingo, after rebuild it was installed 180 off. Removed the bolts and turned it around and lights worked perfect. Bought a set of troop seats from him and installed them, set of rock guards for a bobber project and we were good. Jeff was so helpful and with a wealth of knowledge and willing to help us. We were not use to the high humidity and hot temperatures, soaked with sweat. Took off from Hattiesburg and then to Jackson MS and I20 west. Trip was a little over 800 miles and the truck never missed a beat. We knew when we got to TX, the heat hit us later in the day. Most of the trip was cool, overcast, or some rain. It was a great adventure, but glad to get home and get a shower and some rest.

William Moore
Abilene TX

blitz10

The only pictures I took on the trip were crossing the Mississippi River in a rain shower and at a fuel stop. Did take some of the truck after getting home. I will work on getting them posted soon, computer savvy is not my forte. I am at work today at the fire station. Both of us are fire Lt's in Abilene. He had a guy cover for him on Sunday and I am covering for him today, I am on a months vacation. Had to take it or lose it.

wannabe92z

Use or lose sucks! You earned it! After my petty earnings but incredible benefits in the military I strongly believe that public servants are severely underpaid. You would think that some of the annual budgets would include decent raises for hardworking people.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks