• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mobile Shelter Info Needed

Mavcaster

Anyone have any experience with these particular Gichner Mobile Shelters (GMS 1008B)? I’m curious about material, weight, and if that one side is a removable wall or expandable? I can’t find much info online and the GP posting/data plate pics suck.

Mavcaster

Dug up a little info…seems like these are also aluminum framed and that side wall is completely removable for configuring with an additional shelter. I thought having that side removable would make for a nice custom slide out possibly.

Last edited:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had an S280 shelter from this same mfg and found it to be very well build and well put together. The main things on any shelter is look at the roof and inside for signs of leaking water that can do some damage but this shelter is new enough I doubt your going to have any of those issues. Very nice looking unit!

Mavcaster

I had an S280 shelter from this same mfg and found it to be very well build and well put together. The main things on any shelter is look at the roof and inside for signs of leaking water that can do some damage but this shelter is new enough I doubt your going to have any of those issues. Very nice looking unit!
On your S280 was the entire structure aluminum or is the lower section (forklift location) steel?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks