• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mobile WMO processing / Apocalypse fuel depot

flvet352

I built this contraption to scavenge for waste oil in an emergency(natural disaster, civil unrest, hyperinflationary depression, zombies, etc). It is just a harbor freight fuel pump with a goldenrod filter set up from tractor supply that is mounted to a hand truck. When the need arises, I throw the hose into the supply, pull out the battery tray and hook up the alligator clips and bang, I am pumping and filtering old oil. Works in a pinch. I don't intend on using it much yet as it only has a 10 micron filter. I am trying to find a 5 or less for it. What do you guys think?20200720_155331.jpg

Welder1

Having the filter on the suction side will usually restrict the flow. I my opinion its better to use a type of screen to stop larger debris and put the filter on the pressure side. I would put 2 filters in series a 10 micron water separator followed by a 5 micron final.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going to say what Welder1 already said you have a "SUCK" not a pump the way your setup! Reset that up so you have an actual "Pump" and change your filters around and it should work adequately I would think!

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
JUST build it with copper tubing and be on you way.
I sold 4 heads and a cases, in fact cases of filters, on the eBay.
The equipment you need is cheap and plentiful.
I will indicate how to build it if you want.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks