• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mobilizer dolly for an SE-1 expandable shelter.

mizer19

I have purchased an SE-1 expandable shelter. This was manufactured by Brunswick Corp. I transported it home with my M923, but I would like to dolly mount it. Does anyone know which mobilizer will mount to it. I have been looking at the M720. The dimensions look really close.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I have two M720 dollies in the Atlanta area. I will be there during the GA rally and if interested, you can measure them to see if they fit. If they do, we can talk about a price.

If you want a dolly and S280 already put together, we can also talk about that.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Is the SE1 part of the old MUST system? Like M1key said a picture of the shelter end with mounting brackets would help also.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yep a picture will help. Does this expand on both sides and does it have plumbing? If so, it's probably a MUST box. And if you bought a MUST box in the Atlanta area recently, it was probably the box I originally had for sale.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the topic - is there a manual or a list somewhere that says what dolly goes with what shelter? I have searched diligently for that information, but it evades me.

Cheers

mizer19

I'll get pics this afternoon if it stops raining. I had them on my phone but, I must have deleted them. The mounting points are on both the front and rear of the shelter. It expands on both sides and I picked it up Northwest of Atlanta. It may have been one of yours Carnac.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
On the topic - is there a manual or a list somewhere that says what dolly goes with what shelter? I have searched diligently for that information, but it evades me.

Cheers
I don't think it works like that. The dolly type was obviously based on MTOE authorization to the unit and that was based on the Form, Fit, Function and Weight of the item to be carried in a specific shelter. Isn't the M720 rated for 3tons or something like that??? So a lot of these were used by airfield and in the rear with the beer type units.

Of note, the MTOE would state the movement (will use the term) theory of a unit. Meaning, are they 100% mobile in one lift (infantry company) or 75% or 50% or 10% or even less. In non-combat units, personnel (other than vehicle crew) were not calculated in the lift.

So the type of mobilizer would depend on the weight of the equipment carried in the container.

I know medical units only operated the M1022 and M1022A1 during and after ODS. 20' MILVANS and 20' Expandos are heavy especially if the mobilizer has to grab the one with the Xray machine (lead lined).

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In other words, they are not going to make it easy on us.... :/

I wondered, because the mounting points differ on different shelters, and on the dollies. A friend has a shelter similar to an S280, and it was set up for the M720 dolly. He wanted to load it on an M832, so the tire size would be the same as his deuce. He had to cut and weld extensively on the dolly upper attachment points to make it work.

Cheers

M1key

It appears it will NOT work with a M720 without major modifications to the connection points.
The lower ones definitely, upper ones seem too far from the edge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks