• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Model numbers and various options.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Given the choice I would always pick the manufacturers serial number as that is what is usually specified by various state agencies and you can't go wrong there, I doubt a state inspector/bureaucracy cares what the USMC does or what GP says.
If that is what GP saddled me with I of course would try to deal with that as best I could.
And as RWH said again given the choice I would pick a year model at least 25 years old, there are many states and insurance companies that have relaxed rules for such vehicles and the year model has no bearing on HMMWV value.

Ranchtruck

ok…soooo
The USMC as you can see from the stencils on all USMC trucks tracks via the Registration number, the Army also uses a registration number but its numbering scheme is quite different. I spoke with GP about a truck I bought listed with the Registration number, She told me for them? It made no difference because the USMC used them to track the truck and it’s a valid number…if you Are choosing a model year? Well….your insurance and registration costs are based on age of a vehicle, so why make it a newer model year, also…many states have smog requirement that a late model year would incur
I’ll probably just go with 2007 if I can find any info by monday.

Ranchtruck

ok…soooo
The USMC as you can see from the stencils on all USMC trucks tracks via the Registration number, the Army also uses a registration number but its numbering scheme is quite different. I spoke with GP about a truck I bought listed with the Registration number, She told me for them? It made no difference because the USMC used them to track the truck and it’s a valid number…if you Are choosing a model year? Well….your insurance and registration costs are based on age of a vehicle, so why make it a newer model year, also…many states have smog requirement that a late model year would incur

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks