• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Moderators: please lengthen inactivity timeout

papakb

Could someone with the authority to do so please lengthen the inactivity timeout for the forums? Quite often if I'm trying to answer a technical question the session times out before I get through typing a reply and it requires me to sign in again to make the post. This requires that I do a copy and paste of the reply so the session doesn't time out again. Could it be lengthened to a couple of minutes without causing problems?

Thanks

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I wonder whats different on your end vs mine. I can leave my PC or phone for days and I don't time out.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you check the "remember me" box when you sign on, the system will keep you logged in until you actually hit the log out button

dmetalmiki

Same here..Drives me nuts when you do a long typing session and forget to COPY*! all your work, Or loose it.

Copy* it and then refresh the page (login!) and paste your work. Better than having to start all over again (and remember what and how you composed it all).

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As long as I click "remember me" , even on my iPad, I'll stay logged in.

Could it be something in your device settings and not the site?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Even when I do "remember me" and I'm typing something lengthy it will not let me post it from taking to long. That is on an iPad. Don't know if that helps or not?
Delete cookies and try again. Unfortunately logging in/out/time is all controlled by your local device's retention of the site cookie.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was having the same issue a couple of years ago. I sought and took Patracy's advice back then, found it was indeed a problem generated by my own machine, no issues since.

Cheers

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My son was very frustrated getting cut out when filling out documents. We found it was a setting on the computer, For Windows 7 go to Control Panel, System and Security, click Power Options, click change when the computer sleeps. Use the two pull-downs and there you can change the length of time, including never, for your screen saver to kick in and when the computer goes to sleep. I did this and no more problem.

FFRCobra

You said you were on an iPad? Are you in private mode? If so it won't keep a website cookie so you can't stay logged in. Switch out of Private mode and try it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks