• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modern Russian Army in the photos.

USSR

View attachment 468774

We had a Cold War so it's not common knowledge here in the West, but the Russian women devoted their fair share during the Great Patriotic War (WWII).

Some of these stories have only recently become public (many Soviet archives are just now seeing the light of day).

The current U.S. controversy about Women-in-Combat was put to rest and settled by the women of the Soviet Union a long time ago (almost 70 years now).

See the excerpts above and below, and Google among others Mila Pavlichenko (Sniper), Mariya Oktybrskaya (Tank Commander), or Lilya Litvyak (Fighter Pilot; dead at 22):

View attachment 468758View attachment 468760
For you, it was World War II, for our people - the Great Patriotic War. Fought all - children and women and the elderly ...
p.s. I have a toys - a reminder of the war ...
post-28038-1369322625.jpgtoys-ussr-a.jpg

USSR

Welcome back aboard the green sickness express!! How's your daughter? Getting big I imagine! Thanks for sharing and have a very Merry Christmas!!

God bless,
Tony
Thank you, my daughter is an adult - almost 3 years old))))And Merry Christmas to you

USSR

Great man died yesterday - creator of the legendary weapons. He was 94 years old.
RIP Mikhail Kalashnikov
1335142.jpg1387816934.jpg

Another Ahab

For you, it was World War II, for our people - the Great Patriotic War. Fought all - children and women and the elderly ...
p.s. I have a toys - a reminder of the war ...
I'm no expert on CCCP hardware, but the toys look like a different (later) era. Maybe 50's? 60's?

Another Ahab

These toys later - from the 80s .... This is just an example of my toys from childhood)))
It's a strange feeling. I was focused on destruction and defeat of all that hardware represented by your toys. You were a kid then. I wasn't.

Like maddawg tried to explain in post #49:

- My time in service was dedicated to annihilation of your military. Crazy world. But that was yesterday.

Today is Christmas Eve, and this is a special time in my tradition. And in the spirit of that tradition, USSR, I am wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

Peace on earth; goodwill to all.

Last edited:

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great thread I enjoyed the photos a lot; really enjoyed post #124 your woman paratrooper is very beautiful and deadly at the same time! Just a interesting thread!!

USSR

It's a strange feeling. I was focused on destruction and defeat of all that hardware represented by your toys. You were a kid then. I wasn't.

Like maddawg tried to explain in post #49:

- My time in service was dedicated to annihilation of your military. Crazy world. But that was yesterday.

Today is Christmas Eve, and this is a special time in my tradition. And in the spirit of that tradition, USSR, I am wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Peace on earth; goodwill to all.
Our Christmas comes with 6 to 7 January.
Soon will come the Big Peace.. I hope the path to it is without blood))

dmetalmiki

I SOOO want a russian tank before I expire! and am currently negotiating for one. (freinds say to me "where (can)) will you PARK it?", Easy says I,, Where I like!!!
And we have russian freinds at the War and peace in the last few years. We wish YOU (and ALL on S.S.) a very special xmas, and may you be lucky happy and sucessfull in all you seek and do.
http://youtu.be/khTExP_G-6Y

Last edited:

USSR

Topol Ballistic Missile Lowered into 30 Meter Deep Silo
The Tatishchevo missile unit of the Taman Missile Division has completely converted to the modern Topol-M silo-based intercontinental ballistic missile system. It takes over an hour to lower this missile into the 30-meter-deep silo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRxdTiVSuNo

USSR

Happy New Year!
May all your wishes come true!
Peace and good health to you and your families!!
DTWFuWEsazo.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks